Help with A500 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4WYS

Premium Subscriber
I am not new to scanners and other software. I just replaced an old Uniden that lost it's APCO-25 decoder. My replacement is the GRE PSR-600; and I got the A500 software from BuTel.

I have most of the trunking data, ID numbers, TSYS frequencies in a spread sheet format.
My plan is to establish numerous local systems with the TSYS data and the scan lists for each system that I want to monitor. Then transfer the data to the scanner.

My problem is when entering data into the A500, I can enter the TSYS data for the first scan list and enter the talk groups with their ID numbers. Then when I go to establish the second scan list, I can not get the SCAN LIST 2 to provide a screen to enter the data for the talk groups desired for the second list. I can not get pass this problem to enter the added lists and groups that I want to load to the scanner.

The A500 manual lacks adequate directions to fully use the software!

Sonny, K4WYS

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When you said 'A500' I wondered what the heck that meant. If you abbreviate names like this, it invariably causes trouble. This isn't Always Off Line, hi

Anyway this user guide for ARC500 (which is what I think you meant from the context of the message) might help, from our wiki...

ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that anything in blue is a link....HTH...Mike

rwier

Premium Subscriber
I am not new to scanners and other software. I just replaced an old Uniden that lost it's APCO-25 decoder. My replacement is the GRE PSR-600; and I got the A500 software from BuTel.

I have most of the trunking data, ID numbers, TSYS frequencies in a spread sheet format.
My plan is to establish numerous local systems with the TSYS data and the scan lists for each system that I want to monitor. Then transfer the data to the scanner.

My problem is when entering data into the A500, I can enter the TSYS data for the first scan list and enter the talk groups with their ID numbers. Then when I go to establish the second scan list, I can not get the SCAN LIST 2 to provide a screen to enter the data for the talk groups desired for the second list. I can not get pass this problem to enter the added lists and groups that I want to load to the scanner.

The A500 manual lacks adequate directions to fully use the software!

Sonny, K4WYS
Hi Sonny,

I have both the ARC500 (pro) software and a PSR 500, and a PSR 600. I might be able to assist you, if you want to go slow, step by step. I have been getting flack lately on several Forums for this "step by step" attitude. If you would like to play:

Where are you?
What do you want to listen to with your PSR 600? (a fine radio, I might add)

Oh yeah, we will not be using spread sheets, lol.

If this is not your style of interaction, no harm, no foul, and I will back out.

Thanks,
Rob

K4WYS

Premium Subscriber
To Bob

At this point I would like to try another method. Send me an e-mail to my "call sign at cox dot net" and we can discuss your way!

Sonny

Status
Not open for further replies.