Help with ARC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

1991fxrc

Premium Subscriber
I own a Radio Shack Pro 197 scanner, and recently it was recommended that I upload the ARC 500 software to correct the re-banding issue. I live in Queen Anne's Co. Maryland and monitor the Upper Md. Eastern Shore Consortium, ( System: Motorola Type II Smart Zone, voice: Analog & APCO 25 ). The problem I have is that I have never done this type of uploading before, and after viewing the ARC 500 instruction procedure, I don't feel comfortable attempting this on my own. Therefor, could anyone out there recommend some one, ( individual or repair firm ), in the Queen Anne's Co./Kent Co., Maryland vicinity that I could contact in order to get the re-banding completed . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Be more specific about what is disturbing you

If you get a premium subscription (cheap) and download the system from the db, the tables should be set up automagically for you. Here's the link for the subscription

Premium Subscription Information Page

The instructions given in our wiki are only really needed if you're programming manually - which in this case, really isn't needed. We have all you need in our db

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.