Help with Barnwell County frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryangn

According to the database Barnwell County is not on the Palmetto 800 so you are not going to find any codes for them. As for the programming I do not know how to program a Whistler so I can't help you with that.

Whistler3

Barnwell has been on the 800s for a few years but can't find anything but when I asked an official football County they say they own 800 but they're not exactly sure of the frequencies

Ryangn

If they switched to something else then the database is definitely out of date and no one has submitted any updates. By saying "they own 800" did they switch to the Palmetto 800 system or build their own system? If they built their own you can find the freqs by searching the FCC database and if the Palmetto 800 use the freqs for the Barnwell tower in the RR database assuming those are correct. Once you have the freqs loaded in the scanner you are going to have to search for talkgroups on your own. Using a program like unitrunker could make the search a lot easier for you as well. If I knew how to use a Whistler I would help you out with that.

Whistler3

If they switched to something else then the database is definitely out of date and no one has submitted any updates. By saying "they own 800" did they switch to the Palmetto 800 system or build their own system? If they built their own you can find the freqs by searching the FCC database and if the Palmetto 800 use the freqs for the Barnwell tower in the RR database assuming those are correct. Once you have the freqs loaded in the scanner you are going to have to search for talkgroups on your own. Using a program like unitrunker could make the search a lot easier for you as well. If I knew how to use a Whistler I would help you out with that.
Okay thank you I will definitely check out the fcc database I will keep trying and thank you again

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
If Barnwell County agencies are indeed on Palmetto 800, you can find the talkgroups yourself.

Program the Barnwell site into a new trunked system object in your scanner. You'll find the frequencies listed on this page:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5042&opt=all_tg#tgs

The site number is 2-69 and the control channel frequency is 853.6875.

With Whistler radios, you can input a "wildcard" talkgroup that will allow talkgroups that aren't programmed to be heard. With Uniden radios, I think the term is "Talkgroup search mode." Doing this while scanning the Barwell site will allow you to hear all active talkgroups on the site. Those will include SCHP Troop 6 and 7, Aiken County, Bamberg County, Orangeburg County, and perhaps Colleton County in addition to Barnwell County. You can cross-check the talkgroups you see active with the list on this same page, linked above. Then you can program known talkgroups and lock them out so that they aren't heard anymore while you search only for new, unknown talkgroups.

I'm pretty confident that Barnwell County talkgroups are in the range of 22001-22500. When I passed near Barwell not too long ago, I heard talkgroups 22021 and 22066 active on the Bamberg site, so those are two groups to watch for. I suspect at least one of those is Barnwell Co Sherrif, but I don't know that for sure.

Hope that helps. Post back and let us know what you learn.

Whistler3

If Barnwell County agencies are indeed on Palmetto 800, you can find the talkgroups yourself.

Program the Barnwell site into a new trunked system object in your scanner. You'll find the frequencies listed on this page:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5042&opt=all_tg#tgs

The site number is 2-69 and the control channel frequency is 853.6875.

With Whistler radios, you can input a "wildcard" talkgroup that will allow talkgroups that aren't programmed to be heard. With Uniden radios, I think the term is "Talkgroup search mode." Doing this while scanning the Barwell site will allow you to hear all active talkgroups on the site. Those will include SCHP Troop 6 and 7, Aiken County, Bamberg County, Orangeburg County, and perhaps Colleton County in addition to Barnwell County. You can cross-check the talkgroups you see active with the list on this same page, linked above. Then you can program known talkgroups and lock them out so that they aren't heard anymore while you search only for new, unknown talkgroups.

I'm pretty confident that Barnwell County talkgroups are in the range of 22001-22500. When I passed near Barwell not too long ago, I heard talkgroups 22021 and 22066 active on the Bamberg site, so those are two groups to watch for. I suspect at least one of those is Barnwell Co Sherrif, but I don't know that for sure.

Hope that helps. Post back and let us know what you learn.
Okay thank you a lot I'm trying to figure it out I'm new to the new scanners they have out now so it's cut in my butt but I will let you know how it comes out when I get it figured out

c4181

Feed Provider
Palmetto 800 talkgroup 22066 is Medshore EMS, the primary EMS provider for Barnwell County.

All the fire departments in the county should be still on 154.4000.

I'm not really sure what SO is on. I found a DMR system that looked like it was Barnwell County last year that sounded like it was Law Enforcement. I couldn't really gather much information on it because I was out on the Aiken/Edgefield county line. So it's possible they have a DMR system going but more likely they're on Palmetto 800.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
@Whistler3 If you're using Win500 programming software, I can create a little configuration file that you can upload to your scanner and see if it works. At the least, it would give you a starting point for a configuration.

@c4181 It looks like callsign KYO410 might be what you're referring to, 3 UHF repeaters with a couple of frequencies that had previously been associated with Barnwell Co SD. 453.150, 453.800, 460.025. Whistler3, you can program these frequencies into your scanner, but understand if they are part of a DMR radio system as indicated, your WS1040 can't decode those transmissions. This radio does not support DMR. You'll hear some intermittent buzzing noise instead of voice.

Ryangn

according to that license those are DMR frequencies and the 1040 can't do DMR and I don't think it can be upgraded to do DMR but I will let someone who knows more about Whistler scanners than I say for sure. You can plug those freqs into your scanner and see if you hear the digital DMR sound and that may give you your answer. Of course can't go wrong with directly asking the sheriff either.

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
Due to my wife being in MUSC ART hospital, I have not been at church lately. I did go two weeks ago and Ed was not there. I hope to be able to go this Sunday and then I can find out if he is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.