Help with BC246T and Motorola Type IIi Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully

I just received my BC246T and have had success programming some trunking systems using ARC246T. I could use some help programming the Motorola Type IIi Hybrid system though -- if the scanner is capable.

Specifically, I'm trying to program the following radioreference.com listing:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2061

I've tried many combinations. Is the effort futile?

Thanks

captclint

Mentor
Scanner is capable. Have you tried a direct download from this site? Often, it will set up the trunking para's, but not always. I am not knowledgeable on this type of system, so this is the extent of my help.

mully

Motorola IIi

Thanks for your response capt_clint.

I'm not sure where to find the direct download?

I will do some more experimentation. Specifically I'm not sure how to deal with the hybrid between types I & II, the system ID, and the fleetmap.

n2mdk

Direct download is through ARC246.
Since you have a Premium Subscription it should be no problem.
I believe the system can be set up as Moto Type II or Type I. For type I you will have to set the Fleetmap in ARC246 manually since it's going to pick the system up as a Type II by default.

Attachments

• Direct download.jpg
    Direct download.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 367

mully

Thanks n2mdk.

Unfortunately, the download service doesn't have any entries for Calgary Alberta, but I will experiment a little more tonight at home.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you've programmed other Motorola systems, the only difference is that you need to enter the fleet map:

System Fleetmap

Type B0 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7
Mot 2 2 A 2 2 2 2 2
TT S0 S0 S1 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0

(Ignore the MOT line...just enter the TT size values for each block...0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

n2mdk

Sure it does I was just playing with it in the software.
You need to select Canada in the drop down box and hit connect that will set it for Canadian provinces.

Attachments

• Calgary.jpg
    Calgary.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

mully

That's very helpful, Thanks.

UPMan said:
If you've programmed other Motorola systems, the only difference is that you need to enter the fleet map:

System Fleetmap

Type B0 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7
Mot 2 2 A 2 2 2 2 2
TT S0 S0 S1 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0

(Ignore the MOT line...just enter the TT size values for each block...0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

mully

Thanks again for your time n2mdk. I can't understand what I did wrong the first time -- I'll have to take a Mulligan on that one.

n2mdk

mully said:
Wow! The download service is great!

It really makes things easy, especially if you have really large systems.
Glad to be of help that's mostly what we are here for. This site sure helped me out
when I first started to use trunked systems.

Cosmos1

Jerry ... I'm glad that some of yall have figured out some of these Type II Hybrids..... LOL I just finally figured out how to set my block sizes, but having a rough time figuring out the ID's... I'm trying to program the Lewisville,Tx Hybrid System. I just got a used BC780XLT & I'm using WinScan780 to TRY & program it. It Seems that WinScan780 causes Problems.... Any help appreciated... Thanks... 73,, Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.