help with bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

I picked up this old gem cheap and am trying to figure something out. I have programmed the base offset and step for bell fleet zone 1. I am using this to listen to EMS. I try and find the modulation setting that I am supposed to change to NFM and I cannot locate it. I cannot receive any transmissions. I followed the directions listed, and still nothing. No setting is there.

https://forums.radioreference.com/323209-post2.html

This is the post i followed and I still cannot get it to work.

Any help will be appreciated!!

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Unfortunately it will not work, your scanner is analog, you need a digital scanner, if you're looking for a portable a BCD996T or BCD996XT will work for decoding Fleetnet.

stircrazy

I had it picking up ems previously. I had too many conventional channels that didn't have names listed so I formatted the radio. I got it working. I kept resetting and entering the channels. It works now.

mciupa

Database Admin
Unfortunately it will not work, your scanner is analog, you need a digital scanner, if you're looking for a portable a BCD996T or BCD996XT will work for decoding Fleetnet.

For most of FleetNet, digital is needed. Not for EMS, they are still analog. But, in any case he has it working. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.