Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman1

Can someone please help or point me in the right direction? I've had plenty of scanners but I guess I'm to dumb for the BC346XT. I have channels programmed into the scanner, It's trunked and It's working fine. I have freescan and the premium service for RR. So for my problem, I live in a large county that has multiple agencys right now they scan all together being identified by their alpha tag. What I would like to do is put them on there own channels. Like if I want to listen to this city I press say 1 on my scanner if I want to listen to this city only I press 2 etc.. I'm not sure if it is possible with this scanner but my old scanner was set up that way and I can't for the life of me figure this new one out.

Please help someone, I'm positive someone in this forum knows the solution. :) Thanks all in advance

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What state/county are we talking about here? If the system you want is a trunked system, it's possible....best regards..Mike

Eng74

You need to break the system down into groups (Fire, Police, EMS) that way you have all you have to do is press function then the number of the group you want to scan.

transitman1

I'm in Sacramento County/ CA, and ok about groups but how would one go about breaking them down? Seems very unclear thru manual.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
What you can also do is create a "System" for each agency, assign it to a different System Quick Key like 1-9 and just press the key pad to turn on and off each one...Also as mentioned you can have one LARGE agency and put each small one in a different "Quick-Key-Group, when its scanning the "system" press Func + the group quick key number to turn them on or off....

Status
Not open for further replies.