Help with BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlanger

Premium Subscriber
I have had this scanner for about a month, when all of a sudden it is no longer receiving any frequencies, including the weather ones. I tried to do a reset that didn't help. It shows that it is scanning but never stops on anything. I turned the squelch down still nothing. I am using Freescan to program and have the most up to date firmware. Anyone have any suggestions what to do?

kma371

QRT
Hate to ask, but the antenna is plugged in right? Check your connections, maybe there is a short.

mlanger

Premium Subscriber
anntena

thats plugged in, I disconnected and reconnected it

kma371

QRT
Do u have any other radios you can test the antenna on, or try a different antenna?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Is the BNC connection in the back of the radio loose?

mlanger

Premium Subscriber
Yes, when the squelch is off I get static. The BNC connector is tight.

DJX

Tune to a local FM broadcast radio station and turn off the squelch, see if you can pick that up.
Double check your modulation.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
996xt

I have had this scanner for about a month, when all of a sudden it is no longer receiving any frequencies, including the weather ones. I tried to do a reset that didn't help. It shows that it is scanning but never stops on anything. I turned the squelch down still nothing. I am using Freescan to program and have the most up to date firmware. Anyone have any suggestions what to do?

I'd try a WX freq. ALL OF A SUDDEN??? What did you change if anything. I had my 996XT lose it talkgroups and thus didn't receive anything till I reprogrammed it. If you are by chance a ham you could try transmitting on a FREQ and see if the scanner picks you up. If not, a broadcast frequency or WX may be the only option for something you know is broadcasting.

mlanger

Premium Subscriber
This problem started right after I uploaded from Freescan, I delated everything and re uploaded everything, that didn't help. I tried the broadcast freqs and WX near me, nothing.

boatman1

Premium Subscriber
This has happened to me on the BCT15x -- you upload and the scanner reports "nothing to scan" -- in all cases another up load NOT using the erase upload (just the replace all same name upload) restores the frequencies.

You can tell when it uploads properly as the scanner immediately starts scanning.

Upload again--

Hope that helps.

kma371

QRT
This problem started right after I uploaded from Freescan, I delated everything and re uploaded everything, that didn't help. I tried the broadcast freqs and WX near me, nothing.

If the other radio works fine with the same antenna, it's something in your programming. Can you post your freescan file so we can look at it?

maalox

wen i had a 996t i plugged headphones in when i took them out radio went silent this a known issue . mlanger plug in headphones to see if u hear anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.