Help with BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarly

Well I need help guys...
Just got my brand new 996 today, After figuring out my 15 that i got for X-mass 2 months ago...I turn on the 996 and I am scaning a bunch of states that I cant seem to turn off????? I down loaded my Free Scan files into it and now I am lost. Every this is scanning but way toooooo much???

So My Question is The Quick key Func. is different on the two scanners???? I guess I need to turn off a bunch of systems right ???? but how??

Is there a way to view the systems on the PC with free Scan???

Thanks
Matt

W6KRU

The first thing I did when I got my 396XT was a full reset. 2,9,HOLD while powering on. When prompted to restore the preloaded systems, I declined. Then you have nice clean place to start without a bunch of outdated junk you don't need.

chazcarly

The first thing I did when I got my 396XT was a full reset. 2,9,HOLD while powering on. When prompted to restore the preloaded systems, I declined. Then you have nice clean place to start without a bunch of outdated junk you don't need.

Thanks but that did not work with the 996XT 2,9? must be different # ?

ak4fn

Well I need help guys...
Just got my brand new 996 today, After figuring out my 15 that i got for X-mass 2 months ago...I turn on the 996 and I am scaning a bunch of states that I cant seem to turn off????? I down loaded my Free Scan files into it and now I am lost. Every this is scanning but way toooooo much???

So My Question is The Quick key Func. is different on the two scanners???? I guess I need to turn off a bunch of systems right ???? but how??

Is there a way to view the systems on the PC with free Scan???

Thanks
Matt

The quick keys work the same way in the 15 as they do in the 996. In Freescan are they assigned a quick key? If they are not assigned a quick key, they will be scanned. You can assign them one in Freescan.

I found the best thing to do was to download the original from the radio to Freescan, save it (back it up). Then I started with a new file in Freescan and built everything from the ground up, making sure that every system was assigned a quick key.

Status
Not open for further replies.