Help with BCT8 w/ TrunkTracker III -

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtDavidY

I am in Metro Davidson County (Nashville) TN. To my knowledge, Metro decided to reband. I have ARC8 software, and downloaded via RR the trunk frequencies and uploaded them to the scanner. Now I'm learning that the BCT8 may not be sufficient enough to handle the Metro System. Please advise as I am relatively new to this area of RF Rx.

Anyone in Nashville who can take a look and allow me to pay them to properly program my scanner please feel free to contact me. This unit is used for Public Safety purposes while out and about. Also, anyone who is familiar with Smithville, TN frequencies for the City Fire Department please advise. I am a firefighter with SFD and while im here in my Pager doesn't always pick up the transmission.

Lt. David Y.
ICS/NSF Patrol.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Does your BCT-8 decode digital voice? If it doesn't your out of luck no matter how you set it up. Metro Nashville is on a 3600 baud Apco P25 digital system. You'll need need a digital scanner from Radio Shack, Gre, Uniden, etc for proper listening.

LtDavidY

o_O

Very good question ... I am not entirely sure... If I hadn't got into such a rush to get this thing deployed in the field I would have read the ENTIRE MANUAL instead of the section "How to program your scanner..." -- I will go through the manual later and verify. If not, then I'll just return it to the purchase location and try to find a scanner that will do what I need it to do. Seems like the guy at radioshack could have used my $70 worth of purchased cables to program the darn thing... XD

Like I said, I am new to this part of the great RF mistress. Please forgive me :)

Lt. D. Young

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
Correct Metro Nashville area public safety is using ASTRO Digital on the system. The older digital scanners that can be found cheaper than the newest ones that will work on the system include the Uniden BCD396T/BCD996T, the older ones you'd have to also get an P-25 Digital Card that slides in to decode digital voice. Radio Shack's PRO-96/PRO-2096 are excellent on the system, and can be found from around $225.00 to $250.00 and up on ebay and such. The newer generation of Unidens such as the BC396XT/BC996XT, Radio Shack's PRO-106 family, GRE's PSR500 family are the top of the line currently and will cost you from $400.00 to $500.00 on ebay or new from the distributors. It is highly recommended that once you have an capable scanner, get the programming software as its pretty simple to use, and actually will save you a lot of time and $$$ youd end up paying someone else to program your scanner for you.

nat2837214

I have the same scanner that you do, BCT8, and programming the trunked freq's can be tough at times. I'm in east TN, bout 300 miles east of you; they use Motorola II smartzone APCO25 here. May have to read your manuel VERY closely.Think you can do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.