Help with Bearcat 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbvliux

HI everyone,

I just bought the Uniden Bearcat 396XT scanner, and also got the ARC XT software. I am totally new at this thing so don't laugh, I had a conventional scanner that I used alot. Therefore I'm not familiar with this digital scanner. So I have some questions 1. I made a System (using software) called AnSigs; It contains a local police group and an state police group, when I turn on the scanner it just browses Mass State Sys (which is programmed default as with others) . If I hit the Menu button- then program system, I see AnSigs but can't access it. How can I switch systems with the scanner? (remember step by step please). The manual was of little help- and I considered myself (up until now) electronically inclined.

ScannerWayne

What System Quick Key did you assign to your system?

But if you're not seeing the scanner going through it when you turn the scanner on then there may be any number of things wrong.

Is it a conventional or trunked system?

Is the system locked or unlocked?

If it's a trunked system, did you create a Site to place the freqs?

Seems like a lot of questions to ask but your answers will determine how fast we can figure out the problem.

If you did assign a System Quick Key (SQK) to your system:

If the SQK is a single digit while the scanner is scanning press that number on the scanner. The scanner should now scan that system.
If the SQK is two digits, while the scanner is scanning press period (.) then the two digits. The scanner should now scan that system.

To turn off a system just repeat the above appropiate step.

If you know the SQK of the "Mass State Sys" then you can turn it off and see if your system is being scanned. Sometimes, the scanner flashes through a small system so quick the display doesn't keep up.

Wayne...

Last edited:

jbvliux

All I had to do was assign quick keys. And the one time I did, it blew by it so fast I did not see it.
Then I learned with the other manual to turn off Mass State Sys by hitting (.No) then entering it's qk number-then I was able to see my new systems.

It was so frustrating and now seems silly that I struggled in the first place!

Thanks All.

Status
Not open for further replies.