Help with Bearcat BCD436HP and Richmond area frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I just purchased a 436HP and am in the Richmond area. I set the ZIP code and the database loads, but I can't receive the Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfield frequencies. I have tried changing the distance. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows machine and can't currently update the software or the database. Does anyone have any suggestions (besides sending it back)? Thanks.

freqhopping

Since you haven't updated the database it likely still has the frequencies used prior to rebanding which occurred earlier this year.

freqhopping

If you have a way of accessing the SD card, either via USB or a card reader, then I can attach a few files that you can put on the SD card that will allow you to scan the system as a favorite.

I could also attach the master database file that contains the system and you could replace the one on the SD card with it.

Last edited:

bpckty1

I'm thinking about purchasing one. Can it be programmed manually, or does one need a computer to "do the deed"?

freqhopping

s_000051.txt in the zip replaces the file in the HPDB folder.

For the others remove the txt extension. Copy the f_list.cfg file to both the FavoriteLists and Profile folders.

Last edited:

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the files. I will let you know how they work.

As for the question about manual programming, it's certainly not as easy to program as an old analog scanner. I think the computer is necessary to program in all the talk groups that are part of the digital systems. I haven't attempted to program it manually. I think any digital scanner will have similar issues, but I'm not an expert by any means.

waynes

bpckty1

Thanks for the not very optimistic news. Looks like I will have to go to a computer class to learn how to program a scanner.

;^<

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, while I was able to use a computer to get to the file structure in the scanner once, I can't seem to repeat the feat. But tomorrow I will have access to a Windows machine where I can install software.

Regarding the scanner, I think it will be a good one once I have a computer to work with it. Hoping that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.