help with city

Status
Not open for further replies.

drodgers48

have listened to the local police in my area for a couple of years after having to buy a trunked unit to do so, now I am hearing the county but not the city any more, any idea what to do? City is Chickasha in Oklahoma

peterjmag

Yes they went years ago and it was analog then. The trunked radio or scanner you have is most likely analog. You need a trunked scanner that will scan P25 which is digital. They have switched to digital. Your analog scanner is obsolete.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
What specific scanner did you buy? Hard to come to a determination not knowing this info. At the very least you'll need one of the scanners I outlined in green to track P25 Phase-I. The ones I outlined in red are a bit more expensive but can also track P25 Phase-II in addition to Phase-I (not needed for your specified system of interest)

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can check with the local members to verify what is still conventional and what is on the OKWIN Motorola and P25 systems. Your scanner presently is capable of monitoring everything in your area except systems using ProVoice, DMR, or NXDN. peterjmag in Tulsa reported that your city switched to the OKWIN P25 system. You most likely still have the old OKWIN Mototola analog trunked system in your scanner. How long ago was it when you last downloaded from the database? I see that Tuttle PD and PW are DMR.

Last edited:

drodgers48

thank you, i down loaded the p25 so now i just need to try and remember how to upload it and get ones i don't want out so don't have ot lock out so many when i turn it on, thank you, oh been 2 or 3 years since i set it up new

tvengr

Well Known Member
Whatever software you use, read (download from) the scanner and save the file. If you attach the file, we can check it for problems.

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
You will probably have to create two systems, one for OKWIN and one for OKWIN P-25.

drodgers48

been awhile since i have been in here, trying to get chickasha,ok to play on my scanner, it use to but some how lost programing, it is a truncked scanner, highway patrol had me locking out a lot as it was too wides spread but can't remeber how to get the local back in there

Status
Not open for further replies.