Help with Colonie's P-25 useing BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking for some help with my Uniden BCD996T. I made a upgrade from my Uniden BCT-15. I used Butel ARC996 to program it like I've done in the past with my other scanners. But Iam unfamiliar with APCO-25 systems. I did a lot of reading and trying to get on board with this but I still have silence. I downloaded all the frequencies and groups for the town.I'm not sure if my bandplan is correct. I put it in as follows...

0- 851.00625 input base frequency / 6.250 Khz.
1- 762.00625 input base frequency / 6.250 Khz.

It has room for 0-9 and continue's with a-f for bandplans to enter in the scanner.I received these two from old posts that I read. Not sure if these are to old or were to get them. Nor if Iam missing some of it.

Also Iam not sure on the right setting for P-25 waiting time 0ms,100ms,200ms, and so on to 1000ms. And test mode for decoding I set to 3 ,default is 8 based on reading I did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ,

D

DaveNF2G

You don't need to set all of that up. The 996T can track a P25 trunked system in CC-only mode. All of the necessary data are transmitted over the control channels.

You should use the scanner's default settings until you have the system programmed correctly for tracking, then adjust them if you need to.

So leave the bandplan blank then and not download everything now. Would I just enter the frequencies as control channels? Do I use the default settings and not the Butel software?

Status
Not open for further replies.