Help with Conway FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpilot

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed, I did try searching through the Arkansas AWIN threads and didn't find an answer. I'm using a Pro-96 scanner and the WIN96 programming software to program the scanner. I absolutely can not figure out what happened with Conway FD or UCA PD for that matter. I noticed there is something called Conway Wireless Info Network and I've downloaded it into my Pro96. I get a little static on site001 for Conway Fire like someone is transmitting, but all I get is static. Does anyone have a solution for this? I would really appreciate any help one could provide.

Thanks

arpilot

So I cannot get Conway fire then you’re saying? I knew I couldn’t get the police because of encryption. What scanners are popular that can get that system if I may ask? And by the way thank you very much.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
You can get FD with the pro 96 for right now the best scanner is the Whistler WS 1088 or TRX-1 they are much cheaper than the Uniden SDS 100

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

arpilot

Sorry to be so pestering about the CFD on scanner. Since you’re saying my pro96 can get it, any suggestions on how? I’m wondering if it’s set up wrong by the Win96 programming software.

jkistner2001

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with Win96 software I use the Arc 500. You shoud be able to import the CWIN data to the Win96 and upload it to the scanner

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wbswetnam

I used to have a Pro-96. It can be a bit tedious programming trunked systems via keyboard but I have done it. Just remember that you don't need to program in the voice channels, only the data channel(s). Also keep in mind that it is P25 phase 1 only; but, it should still work on the CWIN system for monitoring Conway fire dispatch and tactical channels.

arpilot

I used to have a Pro-96. It can be a bit tedious programming trunked systems via keyboard but I have done it. Just remember that you don't need to program in the voice channels, only the data channel(s). Also keep in mind that it is P25 phase 1 only; but, it should still work on the CWIN system for monitoring Conway fire dispatch and tactical channels.

Sorry I’m just getting back with you on this with a question. But how would I identify the voice channels? I use programming software and I can go back and block frequencies out but I wouldn’t know which ones are voice or not. I’ve got Conway’s CWIN programmed in for fire, and have yet to hear anything over here. In fact I have to turn the squelch up because it gets hung up on there now.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Voice freqs: The ones NOT being used as control or alternate control freqs in the rotation set up. Usually the ones not red or blue in the DB.
Also make sure you have programmed it correctly as an MOT/P25 system in the scanner. An trunked system. Closed the bank. And put in ONLY the TGs you want to hear.

arpilot

Voice freqs: The ones NOT being used as control or alternate control freqs in the rotation set up. Usually the ones not red or blue in the DB.
Also make sure you have programmed it correctly as an MOT/P25 system in the scanner. An trunked system. Closed the bank. And put in ONLY the TGs you want to hear.

Ok Milf, I really do appreciate your help. I’ve got some time off I’m going to work on that and see what I get. I’m also thinking about getting a new scanner soon. Thinking about the BCD436 or TRX-1. Anyhow if I have trouble I might message again.

ThomasB3131

I know this is an old thread, but the Conway CWIN system is P25 phase 2.
All of Conway is on this system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I know this is an old thread, but the Conway CWIN system is P25 phase 2.
All of Conway is on this system.
The system itself is capable of P25 Phase II operation. That's determined by what the control channel is showing. However, at present, all of the identified talkgroups are still P25 Phase I. Note the D in the mode column. If Phase II was in use, that would, instead, show a T as the mode. As already noted, the PD talkgroups are encrypted.

ThomasB3131

The system itself is capable of P25 Phase II operation. That's determined by what the control channel is showing. However, at present, all of the identified talkgroups are still P25 Phase I. Note the D in the mode column. If Phase II was in use, that would, instead, show a T as the mode. As already noted, the PD talkgroups are encrypted.
Well I have been monitoring this system since they switched from the old one and I have tried to monitor it with a phase 1 only scanner and it was unable to decode it. I'm not sure but the database might be a little bit out of date because there are a lot of talkgroups missing in the system listing as well, but as I said I'm not sure so I could be wrong.

boy7777777777

I was down there yesterday and was picking up Conway Fire just fine. I use a Uniden 436hp. To my knowledge it doesn’t display on its screen if it’s a p1 or p2 signal. My Trx-1 does but I didn’t have it with me. I knoticed the audio was extremely louder than everything else I listen to and I know Entergy system is p2 and they are extremely loud also. I’ll try and bring the trx-1 with me next time and see if they are using p2.

ThomasB3131

I was down there yesterday and was picking up Conway Fire just fine. I use a Uniden 436hp. To my knowledge it doesn’t display on its screen if it’s a p1 or p2 signal. My Trx-1 does but I didn’t have it with me. I knoticed the audio was extremely louder than everything else I listen to and I know Entergy system is p2 and they are extremely loud also. I’ll try and bring the trx-1 with me next time and see if they are using p2.
I had tried to listen to it with the settings on my grecom psr800 set to phase 1 and for some reason it wouldn't pick anything up. I have always wondered whether this system was fully phase two or not because if Conway FD is only phase one I don't have to spend so much on another scanner.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Entergy imports with AGC off for whatever reason (or, at least, it always does for me)...turn it on and it will be the same level as others which import with AGC engaged. P2 does not mean louder and louder does not mean P2.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
A system can be P2 capable but if P1 radios are affiliated it will function in P1 mode.
Only if it is set to operate in Dynamic Dual Mode. If it is set to Phase II operation only then only TDMA will be allowed. Also, this can be set to individual sites on a system. AWIN will have the first test sites set to Dynamic Dual Mode and the rest FDMA ONLY until initial testing is done, then the whole system will go DDM. Then after a period of this, FDMA will be discontinued with very few special exceptions. CWIN is in DDM until ALL the radios on the system are fully TDMA capable, and the System Admins decide that its time to flip that switch to TDMA only which is far more efficient use of the spectrum.

ThomasB3131

A system can be P2 capable but if P1 radios are affiliated it will function in P1 mode.
The fire department has all Motorola APX7000xe's for handhelds and they use Motorola APX 2500's for their mobile radios. The police department has all Harris radios, I'm not sure the model number though. Are the Motorola APX 7000's and 2500's phase 2 capable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.