• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HELP with CPS for XTS 2500I

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

I have a xts 2500I. Flash code info

Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H451 GE STAR Signaling
H868/W298 Conventional Multikey and Analog Conventional MDC OTAR
G170/H43 Remote Monitor and Radio Trace
Future System Package
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
Q181 Add StatAlert (MDC1200) Features
W947/Q947 APCO Packet Data
Q471 (MCS only) messaging (MDC on trunking)
Q387 Conventional voting scan
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation
Q361/G361 Digital APCO-25 IMBE Trunking (9600kb Control)
1B3 Future System Enhancement
1B4 Future System Enhancement

My question is this CPS is way different then the XTS 3000 CPS. In the astro 25 cps were do I input the NAC code for a P25 Freq? I notice in zone is were you set the alpha display name and freq. But I didnt see were to enter the NAC code. Anyone able to help a bit with this CPS.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
In the CPS, under zone channel assignment click on the zone you want to modify, select the channels tab, then on the channel you want to change NAC, select the personality that is an ASTRO system and the NAC is all the way at the end, Its under Network ID

idle00955

Okay Thank you. So every channel in the zone has to correspond to a conventional personality correct.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Yes. lets say channels 1-25 are conv p25 frequencies with nac of 293 and personality #1 is your astro 25 personality then assign 1-25 personality 1 and the rx and tx Network Id (NAC) will turn white and allow you to modify it to 293. Same goes for non astro systems that you want PL,DPL on, you do the same but assign it the non-Astro personality and it will gray out the Network ID and P25 options and allow you to modify analog options

Status
Not open for further replies.