Help with DMR receiving audio from other talk groups when radio is set on 1 tg

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I picked up a new Baofeng 1801 HT and set it up for DMR and analog. I have a zone for my local DMR repeater and put in about 8 talk groups. I also have another zone for my Zumspot hotspot using about 10 Brandmeister talk groups. When I am on, say for example the World wide talk group 91, I am also receiving audio from other active talk groups like America Link and any other tg that happens to TX when the user on TG 91 unkeys. I cant find anything in the software that could possibly be something I either need to check off or uncheck. I dont use scan lists. I put each of these 2 zones in separate receive groups but it makes no difference. I have the "monitor" function turned OFF. I double checked all the right settings for color codes/slots and everything looks OK. I attached a screen shot of one of my channels. There is a setting called "PTT state" and the 3 options are ALWAYS, COLOR SAME and CHANNEL FREE. But I dont think these settings will help. I had set them all to channel free so I dont interrupt a qso. I noticed there is no "other color code" option like the Anytone 878 has. So I must have something set wrong and its driving me crazy. Help??

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 16

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
If Promiscuous / Digital Monitor mode is enabled the radio will receive both DMR timeslots (1 & 2) on a repeater regardless of the talkgroup you have selected.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
OK there must be a problem cause the promiscuous/monitor is OFF. Also I normally never used receive groups before. In this case I did just to see if it would make any difference but I cant tell the difference either using it or not. There are about 10 talk groups in each zone, one for local DMR repeater and the other for my hotspot. I set up receive group for each one. But dont see any difference.

Alarms50

When you are accessing your local repeater, the first question for you is, is it connected to the Brandmeister network.

If it is connected to Brandmeister, are the other talkgroups you are hearing listed as Full Time (Static) for that repeater. The Brandmeister Dashboard-Repeaters will list the talkgroup(s) that are assigned as Full Time.

If this is not the scenario, then you need to see if other operators are accessing this repeater with their Push To Talk (Dynamic) initiated talkgroup usage. You can check to see the activity of the repeater at the same link above.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I am using an HT (Baofeng 1801 UV) thru a Zumspot hotspot. The talk group I mainly listen to is World Wide 91. If I am on TG 91 if there is a transmission on, say the USA Bridge talk group, then that appears on screen and I hear the audio....then it goes back to TG 91. This only happens using this particular HT. Its a Baofeng 1801 UV. I also have an Anytone 878 and Alinco DR 500 mobile and I dont have this issue with those radios. It almost acts as tho promiscuous mode or monitor is on where it lets you hear everything. But thats turned OFF!

dickie757

Wired
Try turning it on and off again. Doing that might flip a stuck bit in the firmware.

I had a system once that needed the opposite action applied....."to access recordings from outside the local network, turn remote access to OFF."

You never know with the cheap stuff.