Help with DMR with BCD 996P2, DMR Update Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
I have been a ham, scanner listener for almost 55 years, the technology has change so much, our local sheriff just went to dmr, I have a bcd 996p2, got the dmr upgrade and was able to listen to the local sheriff but with a digital tail, tried to work around it , but now cannot hear anything except digital. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. The few is 453.975 and licensed as 7K60FXE , 2 slot dmr (Motorola mototrbo) tdma voice, thanks in advance, Steve, wa2fso, The picture is what shows up in the car whistler ws 1095 85246

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Well, real quick uniden is a lot different from whistler. I am guessing this is a one frequency trunk system so i would try and program it that way. in the menu, select program new system and select dmr than on the next screen it will ask to program as one freq. you will have to edit the system to add your frequency and name the system and you should be off to the races

Also, software is easier to use. Most people use freescan with the 996 (thats how i started) however freescan does not support dmr so you will have to use either proscan (what i use) or arctel(?) which is paid software but will make the task easier.
i have to run to work hope that helps

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
ok, i did try that, but will give up for today, getting tunnel vision, i have downloaded pro scan & arc, will try again to tommorrow, i did get pro scan to see the signal of the data stream, but no audio, so i got half way there, Steve

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
yes, it recieves KSP and other agencys, its just not hearing audio when i have it programmed dmr, but does receive on the whistler, i will try again tomorrow, it may be that i am just missing because of trying too hard. or they may be going to more encryption less voice, i have to have both scanners on at same time to see if its broadcasting audio,

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
Thank you to all who reached out to me, got it working by trying differant solutions, it was a pain in the ***, dont know exactly what i did, but save the file !!! Thanks again

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Some things to look out for.
On basic DMR you need color code, time slot and TG ID.
Do you know them? And this is assuming its a DMR Conventional channel and not trunking.

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
Some things to look out for.
On basic DMR you need color code, time slot and TG ID.
Do you know them? And this is assuming its a DMR Conventional channel and not trunking.

got slot, 1 color 1, no TG ID, but so far so good, i set it up as conventional, i will work on refining it as i get more info,

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
On the no audio problem: Do you have an audio cable connected to the scanner?
i am looking at the software as i have a PD that went nxdn, and for the life of me i cant get it programmed, any thought or help, i have 1 more day of pro scan trial, so i am looking for the better software for programming, its a bcd996p2, got the nxdn upgrade, Steve

looking for the better software for programming, its a bcd996p2,
Check out @ProScan

The developer is a regular participant on this site.

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
Check out @ProScan

The developer is a regular participant on this site.

yes i see that, i am hoping to reach out to him,

Status
Not open for further replies.