Help with DSD Fastlane and NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

I watched a good video on youtube a few weeks ago on setting up fmp24 and a nxdn site
but for the life of me i cant find it now that i have my copy of fastlane and my sdr dongles

really needing to see the examples of setting up the freq file

system im trying to monitor is the TN homeland security 7
Tennessee Homeland Security District 7 NXDN Trunking System, Various, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

currently working the Robertson County sight since im in whitehouse for the night
but my home system is the dickson county sight

am able to get lots of data from fmp-24 and the cc

im just not understanding the setup of the freq file

Thanks

garys

Premium Subscriber
The information at the link is essentially useless.

The first thing you should do is go to this link, http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...re/298075-understanding-nexedge-trunking.html and read about how NXDN trunking works.

DSDPlus will not work without the information being set up in the proper format. The database information does not have the channel numbers, as described at the link, included in the information. The link has the formula you'll need to figure out which channel number goes with which friequency.

This is how DSDPlus needs to see the information set up.

Protocol Network Site Channel Frequency

NEXEDGE48, 51, 1, 158, 451.9625
NEXEDGE48, 51, 1, 160, 451.0875
NEXEDGE48, 51, 1, 890, 472.1125
NEXEDGE48, 51, 1, 916, 472.4375

I'd start by finding the control channel frequency, mostly by trial and error. Once you have that DSDPlus will show you the Channel Numbers (eventually). Then you can use the formulas at the links to calculate out the frequencies.

Once you have that, you can start figuring out which Talk Groups are used on the sites you want to listen to.

I don't know why the RRDB administrators haven't been showing the information in the proper form. I don't know about this system, but I know that the information for another NXDN public safety system has been submitted, but not posted.

adcockfred

Yeah, I have my nxdn48 running on vac, but I am having the same problem he is trying to get a working copy on tcp

W5RGP

The first thing you should do is go to this link, http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...re/298075-understanding-nexedge-trunking.html and read about how NXDN trunking works.

DSDPlus will not work without the information being set up in the proper format. The database information does not have the channel numbers, as described at the link, included in the information. The link has the formula you'll need to figure out which channel number goes with which friequency.

I'd start by finding the control channel frequency, mostly by trial and error. Once you have that DSDPlus will show you the Channel Numbers (eventually). Then you can use the formulas at the links to calculate out the frequencies.

Once you have that, you can start figuring out which Talk Groups are used on the sites you want to listen to.

I don't know why the RRDB administrators haven't been showing the information in the proper form. I don't know about this system, but I know that the information for another NXDN public safety system has been submitted, but not posted.

ok thanks ill go check out that link,

I have the cc freq and all the other freq's i just dont know which freq goes with which channel so that formula part should let me figure that out

W5RGP

Yeah, I have my nxdn48 running on vac, but I am having the same problem he is trying to get a working copy on tcp

yea i had it working the other night up in michigan on a p25 system but then all of a suddent it kept saying port disconnected and such so i went back to virtual audio cables

adcockfred

I got into those suggestive ports bussines, I am trying to go through all my folders with all the new up dates, and that new deal that came out about towers location. My nxdn signal is just blowing me away once I pointed the yagis the right direction. the only system that did not seem to change was cap+, good ole mattress mac. all the others will that some time to straighten out. the 900 mzh did improve with all that signal dropping mess.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I believe the ability to use any sort of virtual cable was discontinued a few versions back. I only use one when connecting SDR# to DSDPlus.

If you are using FMP24 or FMPA, I think that TCP is required.

yea i had it working the other night up in michigan on a p25 system but then all of a suddent it kept saying port disconnected and such so i went back to virtual audio cables

W5RGP

I believe the ability to use any sort of virtual cable was discontinued a few versions back. I only use one when connecting SDR# to DSDPlus.

If you are using FMP24 or FMPA, I think that TCP is required.

vac is working with fmp24 here on systems other then nxdn
my only problem is figuring out these damm ch #'s to freq and that formula on the above link is no help

adcockfred

I got so many folders I get lost, remember in the beginning if you got a working copy don't mess with it. my con+ turbo didn't work all 3 p-25 systems changed. just my luck the closest tower to me is p-25 tdma. but at least I see why that 1-52 I so hard to get, not enough towers. I know that will change too.

W5RGP

any way that i use the formula none of the ch numbers match up with any of the freqs that i have
even the control channel doesnt add up
im getting all kinds of activity in the cc event window and lots of ch and target #'s
could one site have more then 1 cc?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Only one control channel can be active on a site.

Make sure you are using a scientific calculator for the formula.

Target numbers are individual user radios.

Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Can you post a list of Channel numbers that you have received?

any way that i use the formula none of the ch numbers match up with any of the freqs that i have
even the control channel doesnt add up im getting all kinds of activity in the cc event window and lots of ch and target #'s
could one site have more then 1 cc?

Last edited:

adcockfred

Pretty much the same here added channel numbers and got more actively in c c window. Source and Alias. Took -rv out of Vc batt and it lit up.

W5RGP

Attachments

• DSDPLUS.jpg
    DSDPLUS.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 454

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
If the system is active, you shouldn't need to worry about any formulas. Just park a single instance of DSD+ on each frequency (one at a time), comment out the frequency file entries, and DSD+ will automatically broadcast the relevant information.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Try this for Site 20 (Springfield). PM me if it works and I'll send you a formula.

454.275 = Channel 250
460.225 = Channel 238
460.325 = Channel 254
454.54375 = Channel 293
454.34375 = Channel 261
454.35625 = Channel 263
453.0500 = Channel 54

You don't need to enter the frequencies twice per line. For the second entry just use 0.0.

Example.

NEXEDGE48, 170, 20, 250, 454.275, 0.0, 0

Status
Not open for further replies.