Help with FAA in Elkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

Is there anyone in range of the FAA facility at Elkin's that can hear the controllers? We are trying to verify the UHF pair of 128.600. We (TinEar and I that is) have 387.100 listed but that is in the trunked system band and we suspect it has been changed. 128.6 is interchangable with the site at Buck's elbow in VA which I can hear very well when it is active there but I've never heard anything on 387.1 here, nor can I find the paired freq by searching.

Any help would be appreciated! Go to the Military forum and look for the FAA-ATA100 discussion. Thanks!

Airfire

Here's a copy of the reply I posted in the Military Forum......

ZDC's Elkins is another one that has recently experienced a change in UHF frequencies. The UHF for the Eklins sector ZDC01 is now 226.675, paired with 128.6.

Depending on the volume of traffic and time of day, Elkins is combined with another sector, usually the Blue Ridge sector ZDC15. ZDC15 owns FL290 and below so when you're hearing stuff above 240 it's probably combined. Elkins basically owns FL240 and below and works and CKB arrivals and some PIT arrivals they hand off to ZOB.

The Elkins sector has the ability to transmit from either Elkins or Bucks Elbow RCAG.

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.