BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Help with Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
Ok I made my favorites list with the sentinel software, assigned quick keys to the system, department and channel, have monitor and download on, I have uploaded to the scanner but when turned on it states I have nothing to scan, when I try and select a quick key nothing happens, what am I doing wrong, this scanner is not like the good ole days. I can send you the file for review but not thru this site, can anyone help PLEASE
I have attached the files for your review if you can spare the time.

Attachments

• f_000001.zip
    970 bytes · Views: 75
  • f_000002.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 63

JLM7424

did you Create a Favorite list ?
you need to assign them to a "FL"

I imported some stuff from a my 396xt using Butels ARC536pro Software
and it categorized a 800mhz Trs as Aircraft , in the scanners main menu you must
tell it what type of Service you want to listen to "Select service type "
i just got mine today , for simplicity im not categorizing my systems at all.

I'm still learning this myself , i hope i helped some .

Menu > manage Favorites list > new favorites list > choose what systems to Assign to it
make sure your Systems have a Qcky assigned

********************************EDIT****************************************************************

I Just loaded your 1st file into my scanner software you did not choose any Sites / towers
to scan check your files . Basically No Frequencies are present.

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP Help with Favorites List

Ok I made my favorites list with the sentinel software, assigned quick keys to the system, department and channel, have monitor and download on, I have uploaded to the scanner but when turned on it states I have nothing to scan, when I try and select a quick key nothing happens, what am I doing wrong, this scanner is not like the good ole days. I can send you the file for review but not thru this site, can anyone help PLEASE
I have attached the files for your review if you can spare the time.

See if these videos will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgz7heeOUKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L4RUs9YFTk

JLM7424

I Created a system based on Your's give it a Try !

** Also check your list to be Scanned in the , Menu > set scan selection > select list to Monitor , to enable list.

Attachments

• San Diego.imperial county.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
List

So I placed it in my favorites list on the computer but it does not see it, do I need to install it into the radio directly ?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Note to Moderator:

Any chance a Sticky can be made for that X36 Nothing to Scan Checklist?

That subject comes up from time to time and it could be helpful for it to be at the top of the user tech forum.

JLM7424

So I placed it in my favorites list on the computer but it does not see it, do I need to install it into the radio directly ?

I,m Going to guess you need to open your fav list import that file into it then dump it in to your
scanner .

and check your service type's that are turned on in the menu .

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
did you Create a Favorite list ?
you need to assign them to a "FL"

I imported some stuff from a my 396xt using Butels ARC536pro Software
and it categorized a 800mhz Trs as Aircraft , in the scanners main menu you must
tell it what type of Service you want to listen to "Select service type "
i just got mine today , for simplicity im not categorizing my systems at all.

I'm still learning this myself , i hope i helped some .

Menu > manage Favorites list > new favorites list > choose what systems to Assign to it
make sure your Systems have a Qcky assigned

********************************EDIT****************************************************************

I Just loaded your 1st file into my scanner software you did not choose any Sites / towers
to scan check your files . Basically No Frequencies are present.

Yes that is where I'm confused, I found a list of Frequency’s, also the file you sent me I placed in programming software and it did not find it, it is there but when I run the program it is not found in favorites, this is a major learning curve.

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
I Created a system based on Your's give it a Try !

** Also check your list to be Scanned in the , Menu > set scan selection > select list to Monitor , to enable list.

Yes that is where I'm confused, I found a list of Frequency’s, also the file you sent me I placed in programming software and it did not find it, it is there but when I run the program it is not found in favorites, this is a major learning curve.

phask

Premium Subscriber
It looks like that is an HPD - you need to have it exported as an HPE and imported as an HPE.

There probably is a work around to get a HPD to open - but no idea.

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for your help, I knew I was doing something wrong between you all and Bearcatwearhouse who took the time to make a video for me, I have the scanner up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.