Help with Fleetnet in Guelph area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Unidentified talkgroups on BMR Fleetnet Zone 1 (Southwest)

Sounds like you've got a noisy control channel.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
You're probably using a scanner to find this and not TRUNK88? Scanners are notorious at "false decodes" meaning it'll decode the OSW's incorrectly over the air and cause your radio to show a particular talkgroup is active when it really isn't. IE, it might show 1OPS42 active on the screen, but you hear voice from an ambulance talkgroup.

Some scanners help a little bit by letting you tell it what format the talkgroup is - this would stop analog from coming over a digital talkgroup, etc... But still not a perfect fix.

spaztic_typer

I'm using a PSR-500, loaded all my files from this site. It's definitely Guelph Fire as it shows GFS with the 1OPS17. Also they're talking about pumpers and address's in Guelph. "Gordon Street Command" etc. I'm no expert mind you, in fact I'm looking some help on files for just the OPP in the surrounding area of Acton, because they seem to be changing talk groups and area's every day. 1 day Canbridge will be active, the next day I hear nothing. So I loaded all this new stuff from the files here and this is what I'm getting now. I'm also missing Wellington county OPP, this is why I included Guelph in the mix. I used to get Wellington county OPP, not any more. But I'm open to all suggestions. Right now I'm using the "free" edtion of PSREdit500 to load files. I'm not sure if it's done 100% right, because I'm only hearing Caledon and Cambridge OPP today, along with the GFS and some Halton fire analog stuff. I've also down loaded truck 88, but I don't think it works with Windows 7, but I'm experimenting now.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your post and the follow ups to a new thread since this seems to be more of a reception/scanner programming problem than unidentified talkgroups.

spaztic_typer

Thanks Mike, just one more comment, I see that 1OPS17 comes up as "future use" but is dated 2006, is any one hearing anything on it? I also tried Trunk 88, but isn't compatable with windows 7, I believe becasuse it's 64 bit and Trunk 88 only uses 32-bit. So I'm using ID Tacker III now.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm using a PSR-500, loaded all my files from this site. It's definitely Guelph Fire as it shows GFS with the 1OPS17. Also they're talking about pumpers and address's in Guelph. "Gordon Street Command" etc. I'm no expert mind you, in fact I'm looking some help on files for just the OPP in the surrounding area of Acton, because they seem to be changing talk groups and area's every day. 1 day Canbridge will be active, the next day I hear nothing. So I loaded all this new stuff from the files here and this is what I'm getting now. I'm also missing Wellington county OPP, this is why I included Guelph in the mix. I used to get Wellington county OPP, not any more. But I'm open to all suggestions. Right now I'm using the "free" edtion of PSREdit500 to load files. I'm not sure if it's done 100% right, because I'm only hearing Caledon and Cambridge OPP today, along with the GFS and some Halton fire analog stuff. I've also down loaded truck 88, but I don't think it works with Windows 7, but I'm experimenting now.

I have a question that I posted about Guelph and Wellington EMS recently but I might be able to help you.

I dont know what tower you are monitoring, B-fad, Guelph city or Guelph Woodlawn; Cambridge and Port Credit OPP are always patched together on their respective talkgroups. I think that Cambridge OPP units patrol the 401 until either 6 North (exit 299?) or Guelph Line. They should be always active on B-fad and Kitchener Cedarwoods.

Caledon is usually patched with the MTO Enf or MNR Talkgroups thus usually carried on towers far away from Caledon itself

One tip for you and others in the area, a few weeks ago Cambridge/Port Credit OPP was patched with Burlington and Niagara OPP, I think because of a ton of accidents in and around the boundaries of the detachments.

Does your tracking program give out radio id's and does it tell you what talkgroups are affiliating with the towers you are monitoring?

spaztic_typer

The tracking program copies what I load into the scanner, which is a copy of what I get from this site. I've just learned a lesson on programming. I believe I have to add some towers which I couldn't before becasuse I ran of of memory space. So I saved all the files and started with as clean memory, and loaded different towers as I went. Next is add all the towers and talk groups, with out maxing the memory out. I'm also saving all working files. So basicly I can figure it out from here. But yes I'm getting what your saying. Thanks! Oh and yes I believe the accidents were the reason it was a weird night talk group wise.

Last edited:

spaztic_typer

I've done more reading and I think perhaps it's a control channel issue. It appears they have to be in a certian order? If so, can you download a file from here and expect it to work with doing anything to it? I see TSYS comes up on the working files, along with the file name. I downloaded all the towers and talk groups for OPP again from here into a fresh file, nothing worked.

Last edited:

spaztic_typer

We can close this, as an Admin has fixed all my issues and taught me a bunch. To that I thank him! He's quite a Mentor!

Status
Not open for further replies.