Help with Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaplainblack

Premium Subscriber
Greetings from Washington State

I have a new Bearcat BCT15x scanner,
I have downloaded freescan and I purchased the programming cable, USB-1
When I try to upload the frequencies I get a port error and the upload is not possible.. apparently the usb-1 cable, scanner and my windows 8 PC is not communicating together.

I assume there is a port problem???? but I have no idea how to set port options in the BCT15X scanner (if that is possible) or changing the usb port on the computer... I believe the freescan iis wanting Port 1 but again I am not sure

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. thanks, Chaplain Ron Black - County Emergency Response

I have looked at the easier to read manual online but still have no real understanding on how to add frequencies for Fire Departments.

I have the scanner set to Washington and listening to the police agencies but there seems to be no fire department frequencies available. Just law enforcement?

captclint

Mentor
Greetings from Washington State

I have a new Bearcat BCT15x scanner,
I have downloaded freescan and I purchased the programming cable, USB-1
When I try to upload the frequencies I get a port error and the upload is not possible.. apparently the usb-1 cable, scanner and my windows 8 PC is not communicating together.
You may find some answers here:
Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki - See section on Win8
Freescan - Connecting Scanner to PC - The RadioReference Wiki
Freescan FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

teufler

in control panel, go to system, then device manager. Then click on ports, with the cable pluged into the computer, you will see what the computer has asigned to the cable. Then Freescan, control scanner, com port setup, change the port to the port that you found in the device manager, and speed at 115000. You can check assignment with test or autodetect. the usb to serial converters are tricky but the device manager should show where or what port it has been assined to. make sure Freescan has the same port assignment and you should be good to go, There is a similar question about this same thing in a thread started earlier tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.