Help with Freqs. 481.6 Through 482.025?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace755

Doing a search with my Pro-70 today and ran across these frequencies, 481.6 through 482.025, the problem is I can’t find anywhere what city they are.
BTW they don’t work on my BC278CLT?

ace755

It is for sure police activity, they where chasing a B&E suspect.

Chev_am

Then it could be a voulnteer or auxillary Police squad? Sometimes their frequencies aren't listed.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
ace755 said:
Doing a search with my Pro-70 today and ran across these frequencies, 481.6 through 482.025, the problem is I can’t find anywhere what city they are.

If you can get them on one particular scanner but not another, then they're probably images of some sort. IOW, the transmissions are not actually on the frequencies you're hearing them on.

Go to the database here and do a search to see who near you might be using these frequencies. I'm guessing nobody, that they're just images. I didn't do the search myself because you don't say where you are.

ace755

W4KRR - Could you search, I’m not a premium subscriber Shelby MI.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
ace755 said:
W4KRR - Could you search, I’m not a premium subscriber Shelby MI.

Well, according to the FCC database, nobody in Michigan uses those frequencies, so they're likely just images of actual frequencies.

Just a guess: Try searching the 453.00 to 453.975, and 460.00 to 461.00 MHz and see if you receive the same transmissions there.

trimmerj

subtract 21.5 mhz from the image frequency, and tune a second reciever to that freq. You'll probably hear the same transmission. Double Conversion recievers with a 10.7mhz IF.

nexus

The Offshore Radiotelephone Service allows Commercial Mobile Radio Service (CMRS) providers to use conventional duplex analog technology to provide telephone service to subscribers located on (or in helicopters en route to) oil exploration and production platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
This service may operate in the paired 476/479 through 489/493 MHz bands, in three zones comprising Louisiana and Texas, depending on the longitude. For specifics, see Part 22.1007 of our rules.

TV CHANNEL 15 is between 476mhz and 482mhz so it might be an image.

ace755

Thanks W4KRR, Your right about those being image frequencies.

Edit
Thanks Trmmerj, did what you suggested, turns out to be 460.1 and that’s a good frequency.

Last edited:

cristisphoto

ace755 said:

Where Are you???
It could be a Private security as well
ButdDifferent states won't allow Private security guards to chase ANYONE
outside of the property in which that Security Firm is conracted to Secure..
Thats where a report would be filed and PD, Sheriffs etc taking over...

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Trimmer and all,

"subtract 21.5 mhz from the image frequency, and tune a second reciever to that freq. You'll probably hear the same transmission. Double Conversion recievers with a 10.7mhz IF.

Sorry guy, that trick for listening to out of band or out of frequency coverage range channels only works with the older single conversion scanners. Most used 10.7MHz IF but Bearcat used 10.8MHz. Double and triple conversion are now used to eliminate image signals so it won't work with them. That's why he got the images on one scanner and not the other.

cristisphoto

W4KRR said:
Well, according to the FCC database, nobody in Michigan uses those frequencies, so they're likely just images of actual frequencies.

Just a guess: Try searching the 453.00 to 453.975, and 460.00 to 461.00 MHz and see if you receive the same transmissions there.

Not everything is in the FCC database's so it may be an actual ...
Ya never know
The best thing one can do is when they hears an address nearest their residence, etc
Go out and see what's up..
I DO NOT reccomend following, but rather when they come nearest you ID 'em...
Anyways
I solved MANy Mystery doing this...
Of course I live in a VERY RF busy Location in a major city SOOO
That doesn't hurt either LOL

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
cristisphoto said:
Not everything is in the FCC database's so it may be an actual ...
Ya never know
The best thing one can do is when they hears an address nearest their residence, etc
Go out and see what's up..
I DO NOT reccomend following, but rather when they come nearest you ID 'em...
Anyways
I solved MANy Mystery doing this...
Of course I live in a VERY RF busy Location in a major city SOOO
That doesn't hurt either LOL

You are correct about not everything being in the FCC database; I monitor a lot of things that I can't find in the database!

But two things: The frequencies mentioned are the UHF "T" band which I don't believe are available for use in Michigan, (at least not under the "old" rules) and the OP has confirmed that he now believes that they are images.

cristisphoto

You may very well be right..
As My reply was a guesstimate based on past experiences
Warmest regards
Crista,

I still say though he needs to obtain eyes on the users and go from there....
I di it in SF once in Blue Moon in a major tlown like SF then so can he...:lol:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi all,

"You are correct about not everything being in the FCC database; I monitor a lot of things that I can't find in the database!"

That all depends on what you're monitoring and how you use the search. First of all the FCC doesn't license government transmitters, that's another agency. Then too you may not recognize the licencee, for example Conrail frequencies (CSX/NS Combined Assets) are listed to Penn Central Communications even though PC itself no longer exists. Look them up in NJ and wonder why they're in Detroit MI, that is until you click on "locations". Then there is the REAL mystery, public service agencies may legally transmit on a low power non interference basis using frequencies they're not licensed for.

Oh Christa, how can you manage to figure out what they're doing in SF? After all it's in CALIFORNIA, a foreign republic that defies the imagination and I'm amazed you don't need a passport (but you do need a translator). Live until you die? Oh well, that's San Fran fer ya. (;->)

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
The FCC may be behind in updating their database. I have monitored systems that were in use, but no mention in the FCC database, until a couple of years after I first began monitoring them. There is (or used to be) a 900 MHz band LTR trunked system in use here that, according to the FCC database, used frequencies that weren't allocated to anybody in Florida. But there it was, in use nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.