Help with GO Transit on a Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtracs

Hi can someone tell me what happen to go transit I can not hear the buses the talkgroups are quit can someone help plz I'm using a pro 197

SCPD

QRT
Hi can someone tell me what happen to go transit I can not hear the buses the talkgroups are quit can someone help plz I'm using a pro 197

A lot if not most of the talkgroups are using P25 phase 2. The Pro 197 cannot monitor phase 2 traffic, only phase 1. If you wanted to listen to phase 2 you need a phase 2 capable radio like a Uniden 436 or 536 HP

mciupa

Your scanner has some value if you put it up on Kijijii. It could help finance a newer Phase II capable radio if GO Buses are important for you to monitor.

maxtracs

Go transit

Ok so they still work because I was listening to them in kitcherner ont and now nothing is anyone having trouble or is it only me sorry

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Go back and read Post #2 as it explains why you're not hearing much bus traffic.

mciupa

What conventional? They are trunked.

Your scanner is outdated for GO Bus. You need a scanner that does P25 Phase 2

Your scanner only offers P25 Phase 1

Talkgroups in the database have now been changed toT for GO Bus.

Last edited:

ATCTech

No, there is no voice channel decoding software out there yet for using your PC to listen to P25 Phase 2 transmissions.... sit tight, it will happen someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.