HP-2: Help with Home Patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubomkirk

Can anyone help?

I would like to purchase a Uniden Patrol 2 scanner however I am concerned due to the change in my area's system, that it will not be pre-programmed into the unit. And i understand that if it is not, that it very difficult to program.

I live in Lewisville Texas, which consists of neighboring towns such as Flower Mound, Highland Village, all located within Denton County. I was told that the entire Lewisviile system switched over to a P25 system on March 1st. , therefore I am afraid that if I bought a unit now, these frequencies would not be included.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks so much.

Bill

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You can easily program Favorite Lists. You can also submit the changes to the database and update the scanner which will work when scanning the database. The RR database is updated weekly. Someone has been feeding you a line of ****.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help?

I would like to purchase a Uniden Patrol 2 scanner however I am concerned due to the change in my area's system, that it will not be pre-programmed into the unit. And i understand that if it is not, that it very difficult to program.

I live in Lewisville Texas, which consists of neighboring towns such as Flower Mound, Highland Village, all located within Denton County. I was told that the entire Lewisviile system switched over to a P25 system on March 1st. , therefore I am afraid that if I bought a unit now, these frequencies would not be included.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks so much.

Bill

You can easily program Favorite Lists. You can also submit the changes to the database and update the scanner which will work when scanning the database. The RR database is updated weekly. Someone has been feeding you a line of ****.
I'm in Dallas as well, and using the HP-2, as well as other scanners, for the Denton P25 Phase II system as well as the other systems in the DFW Metro area.

As W8RMH noted, once the change information was submitted & updated in the database, the revised Denton P25 system was in the files used by the HP-2 and other scanners (both Uniden & Whistler). The Lewisville talkgroups had already been entered on the Denton system, marked as for 'future use'. Rather than waiting a few more days for the next update cycle, I manually added the Lewisville site into the Denton system, as was up & running in a couple of minutes.

If you buy an HP-2, or similar compatible model, Denton is updated & ready to use now, with both the Denton & Lewisville sites as well as the associated talkgroups.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
The HP2 is one of several scanners that have weekly updated databases based on what you see here. Like someone said, you can jump the gun on the next update by manually adding to a favorites list; or wait for the update to kick in, run the updater on your software, write to scanner, and you're good to go.

You will always stay current with new submitted information. Weekly if you wait for the update, constantly if you follow the info and do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.