Help with Homepatrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
tried to update now I have nothing...HELP

The first thing is..... You need to be much more specific.

You tried to update what? The database or the firmware?

When you say "nothing", what do you mean, Sentinel stopped working or the Home Patrol stopped working?

Be very specific with any error messages you receive, and when they occur.

thumphrey

it is a HP 1 when I connect to the PC and try to load sentinel it tells me that something is corrupt and to try again...and not happens

dmg1969

it is a HP 1 when I connect to the PC and try to load sentinel it tells me that something is corrupt and to try again...and not happens

thumphrey, first of all...ignore Medic115. He has a chip on his shoulder about the HP-1.

Now, I just got one and set it up last weekend. As someone else said...be VERY specific. Try it again and write down any errors you get. Telling us that it says that something is corrupt tells us nothing.

Did you already install Sentinel?
If so, does Sentinel open?
Did you have the HP-1 hooked up when you installed Sentinel?

Try it in this order...

*If Sentinel is already installed:
With Sentinel not running, plug the HP-1 into your computer
Open Sentinel
Try to update the firmware and report back
Try to update the database and report back
Write the database to the HP-1 and report back

If Sentinel is not yet installed:
Without the HP-1 hooked up to your computer, download and install Sentinel
Plug the HP-1 into your computer
Open Sentinel

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

First of all, pay no attention to the post from Medic115. He is a known troll on this forum, and the moderators have pointed that out in other threads.

If you are getting an error that the SD card is corrupt.... From the Sentinel toolbar, click "Home Patrol" then "clear user data". When that finishes, write to the Home Patrol again.

thumphrey

message;
the cabinet file '_51c42DD1F82F28D77CAECF9B41D256A" required for this installation is corrupt and can be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from CD-ROM or a problem with this package

wbswetnam

Also make sure that you download the latest version of Sentinel from the Uniden website. DO NOT use the version which ships with the units! I made this mistake myself when I got mine. I don't understand all of the HP-1 haters, I think it's a great scanner. I especially like the ability to make Favorites lists from the database so I can tailor-make the database to what I want to listen to. It's not perfect; my unit has some signal sensitivity issues but other than that it's great.

kaiserfan

thumphrey, first of all...ignore Medic115. He has a chip on his shoulder about the HP-1.

Now, I just got one and set it up last weekend. As someone else said...be VERY specific. Try it again and write down any errors you get. Telling us that it says that something is corrupt tells us nothing.

Did you already install Sentinel?
If so, does Sentinel open?
Did you have the HP-1 hooked up when you installed Sentinel?

Try it in this order...

*If Sentinel is already installed:
With Sentinel not running, plug the HP-1 into your computer
Open Sentinel

If Sentinel is not yet installed:
Without the HP-1 hooked up to your computer, download and install Sentinel
Plug the HP-1 into your computer
Open Sentinel

Don't ignore what Medic15 has to say about HP1 I bought this 500 dollars piece of garbage and other than being able to create favorites lists this thing has more problems than you can count Uniden should pull this junk off the market and refund the peoples who were stupid enough to buy there products money if Uniden made a pencil i wouldn't but one

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Don't ignore what Medic15 has to say about HP1 I bought this 500 dollars piece of garbage and other than being able to create favorites lists this thing has more problems than you can count Uniden should pull this junk off the market and refund the peoples who were stupid enough to buy there products money if Uniden made a pencil i wouldn't but one

For a piece of garbage, it's been Unidens best selling scanner to date. Must be a lot of stupid people out there, eh? I'm sorry you think the way you do, but i couldn't be happier with mine. Definitely not a piece of garbage.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

lep

I too bought the HP-1. In fact I like it so much I bought a second one. I am NOT new to monitoring, I have done it professionally for a government Agency using equipment no individual could afford. IMHOP the HP-1 is a fine scanner that is far superior to those that came before it. (Yes, I also have a 996XT, a 996T, 796, 785D etc. etc.). I am a senior member of IEEE and know my something about circuits. UPMAN has stated HP-1 was the most popular scanner they introduced.
If you are having trouble, Read the Manual is always a good start, I printed mine and had it bound at a local office store so I would have a ready crib. I purchased a copy of the printed 50 page booklet "How to Read etc" and I read these forums for information that is useful from other users.
Unsupported statements like "it is a piece of garbage" are not helping any one else and my former professors would likely find it revealing about the poster.
If you have more Questions about getting your HP-1 going, I am certain that are plenty on here who can assist

Status
Not open for further replies.