Help with HomePatrol-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorthchick

I just purchased a homepatrol-1 scanner with boost antenna. I have brought the version it runs up to date by computer usb connection.

I am having problems figuring out how to program for the city, county and state police. I really could use step by step instructions of help please. They went to digital and I am not picking them up. Any help would be great appreciated. Ty

ff75

Once you get to know the HP its actually very easy to program.
Go to the sentinel program (with out hooking up the HP) and go to the state, county or city you want to hear.
So for you living in A town go to the county systems folder of Alpena County and click on the + sign to open the folder.
Now left click on the Alpena city to see all the channel names.
If you want all the channels for Alpena city right click on the Alpena city folder and click on append favorites list and click on new favorites list if you haven't made one yet and make a name for it and click ok.
If you do not want every channel in the Alpena city the you can right click on only the ones you want and enter them to the list you want.
And that the same for what ever you want to listen to in the database. Just go through all the folders and right click on the ones you want. You can click on individual channels or choose everything in a folder by right clicking the main folder.
You can also make multiple Favorite lists in case you want to break everything up into there own favorite lists because then you can listen to one or multiple lists at one time.
Now once you choose everything you wanted to listen to, and this is what most of everyone new to the HP fails at, choose the service types you want to listen to. So if you want to listen to fire make sure you have the service type for fire selected. And a tip if you want to listen to fire or police just select all the service type for that service.
Save the full data base for when you go somewhere and don't have access to the sentinel program

upnorthchick

Ok I have done everything already but redid a new list and did step by step provided by the help given so far.

For the Michigan State Police I find a different setup ... the below is what I see .. the 1st number is the decimal setting. Do I just put in those numbers since I don't see a decimal point? Or am I missing some of the listing for it ? Sorry for the questions but appreciate the help

4022 fb6 D D74POST Post 74: Alpena Post Channel Law Talk

Also here is the link to the page im looking at ... It would be State Police District 7

Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

I want to specifically add that to my favorites list but having trouble of what exactly in input as well as how to input a number to the favorites list I want to use.

upnorthchick

Still needing help please =(

I have read on some of the threads about freescan ... is this a program that would work with hp1 and maybe find the city, county and state police in Michigan for me and able to input into the scanner?

I have done everything that has been said so far and even went over it all again to be sure I did everything correctly.

I do remember that about a week ago the tower closest to me went out due to a storm, could this be why its not picking up or finding the correct digital signals ?

I apologize for the questions, just really getting frustrated at this point on trying to get the hp1 to pick up on the trunk systems they are using now

upnorthchick

Ok maybe someone can help me this way pleaseeee im begging

I did the steps given above, made a new favorites list as stated above. Now how do I transfer that favorites list from the Sentinel program to the HomePatrol-1 itself ? The tower that I said that went down is up and working so I want to try and move this list over to the unit .

Can someone help me please?

dmg1969

Write to the HP-1 and allow it to overwrite the favorites lists.

I did the steps given above, made a new favorites list as stated above. Now how do I transfer that favorites list from the Sentinel program to the HomePatrol-1 itself ? The tower that I said that went down is up and working so I want to try and move this list over to the unit .

Can someone help me please?

upnorthchick

Ty for the suggestion , but I am a novice at this and could use step by step instructions on how to override to pull the favorite list from sentinel to the hp1 base. I do have an sd card in the base also. I hate sounding dumb, just frustrated that I cannot pick up the local police at all.

dmg1969

With the HP-1 hooked up to the computer via the USB cable, open Sentinel. At the top of the Sentinel window, click HomePatrol and then Write to HomePatrol. I am at work and don't have my scanner hooked up, but a little window will pop up showing your SD card. Make sure you check the box to Erase Favorite Lists on HomePatrol. Click OK. If you have recently updated your database in Sentinel, also check the box to Force Write Full Database. That's all there is to it.

upnorthchick

Thank You

Thank you for all of the help. I still cannot pick up the State Police but at least I am getting the County and City now. I appreciate all of the help and explaining in detail for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.