Help with Hotspot and MD380, both work but not well together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M7MLB

Hi

Been tinkering with my DMR pi-star hotspot for about 10days now. Still struggling to work out how to change talkgroups etc.
:cry:

Using a MD-380 and a Raspberry Pi Pi-Star hotspot as no repeaters in my home location. Someone helped me setup my codeplug as originally i couldn't even get my radio to talk to the hotspot. Now it works i cant figure out how to change talkgroups etc. I am in the UK and hotspot is set to UK Brandmeister network.

On my radio codeplug i have setup 5-6 channels each with different talkgroups WW, EU, Local, echo test etc, and all in a zone set for the hotspot But if i turn to either of these channels all i can hear is the WW talkgroup, on every one!Im reasonably certain my codeplug is correct, although not 100%. So i go to my brandmeister dashboard and see that the reflector is set to Worldwide (4639). Thinking this is the issue i disconnect the reflector in dashboard. Then using the radio i try to use any of the channels, nothing?

Little confused
:?:
on how you use radio with hotspot to change talkgroups etc.. Please help

Phoenix805

It could be several things, but the first thing I would suggest (if you haven't already tried it) - When you change talk groups on the radio, 'kerchunk' the hotsopt. Press your PTT for 1/2 second on the new TG and the hotspot should change to follow the new TG.

M7MLB

It could be several things, but the first thing I would suggest (if you haven't already tried it) - When you change talk groups on the radio, 'kerchunk' the hotsopt. Press your PTT for 1/2 second on the new TG and the hotspot should change to follow the new TG.

Thanks for your time in replying.. I have done PTT yes, i can't work out whats occuring. If i PTT then it doesn't appear to change anything :(

w2xq

Mentor
I recently put together two writeups about organizing a codeplug. It is too much to reenter here. See W2XQ.com : Amateur Radio: DMR and, for illustrations, see W2XQ.com : Amateur Radio: DMR: Codeplug that has spreadsheet screenshots.

You'll have to make two minor adjustments. (1) The unlink and two remote commands have to be entered in the one MD-380 VFO. (2) The MD-380 has a limit of 16 entries per zone list. Do thst homework in your spreadsheet or on your notepad.

HTH a bit.

Phoenix805

You should have Unlink - TG 4000 programmed in your radio, hopefully in the zone you're using. Set your radio to Unlink then kerchunk the radio and it should unlink your existing talk group from the network. Then you should be able to go to the new TG without hearing your old TG.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
If you have the little screen, watch it when xmitting and see what TG# appears! I've never needed to use TG4000 to 'unlink' from any TG.

w2xq

Mentor
If you have the little screen, watch it when xmitting and see what TG# appears! I've never needed to use TG4000 to 'unlink' from any TG.
FWIW I need 4000 if switching away from a busy Brandmeister tslkgroup. Obviously not needed if switching around on a repeater or to another repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.