• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with Hytera Call end

DAYELA

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and new to hytera radio I'd like to know if anyone could help me. When I transmit with an Hytera HP785 radio the led turns red and the talk permit tone is played. As soon as I release the ptt button the led that indicates that I am transmitting turns from red to orange and stays like that for 10 sec in analog and 3 sec in digital then goes out and the call end tone is played. I'm looking since yesterday evening in the parameters and in the CPS but no way to find where this delay comes from and how to reduce it...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sounds like call hang time. I know for digital the default is 3 seconds

Conventional/Digital Common/Basic - Group Call Hang Time

I don't think there is an equivalent for analog... I'm not sure where the 10 seconds would be coming from, I don't see that happening with my Hytera gear. What firmware version are you running in the radio?

DAYELA

Thank you very much I was able to change the settings to digital. My firmware version is A2.0.02.007

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Oh wow that is *reallllllly* old firmware. I believe the 785 is the Euro version of the radio? The North American version is 782... I'll see if I can find any EU firmware files.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Actually, wait... If I recall correctly the firmware files are the same for everyone, it's just the CPS that's region specific. Which CPS version are you using?

DAYELA

Do you know what is the last firmware for the HP series ? Can't find it anywhere

DAYELA

Can't find update files for 2.0.02.011 do you know were can I find some ? Otherwise I'll ask my dealer if he can provide me update files

Expat2017

If it is anything like the PD782 (And I don't doubt it isnt).
go to your analog channel and change
Capture.PNG

Auto rest mode to disabled.