Help with ICIS configuration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swest90

The information listed there is hazy at best. Here is the proper list..

Site
1 Glendale 480.5000 12.5 380
2 Oat Mtn 480.5000 12.5 380
3 Montebello 480.5000 12.5 380?? Not enough activity to confirm
4 Burbank 470.0125 12.5 380
5 Pomona 469.0500 12.5 380
Pomona 482.0500 12.5 581

And if someone is updating..
Pomona freq's 470.0250 470.0500 470.0750 470.1000 482.1625 482.3625

Pomona Talk Groups
37680 Blue-1 P25
37696 Blue-2 P25 DES-OFB
37712 Brown P25 DES-OFB
37728 Orange P25 DES-OFB

There are a few more but they are also encrypted and I havent figured out their usage.

Last edited:

b52hbuff

swest90 said:
The information listed there is hazy at best. Here is the proper list..

Site
1 Glendale 480.5000 12.5 380
2 Oat Mtn 480.5000 12.5 380
3 Montebello 480.5000 12.5 380?? Not enough activity to confirm
4 Burbank 470.0125 12.5 380
5 Pomona 469.0500 12.5 380
Pomona 482.0500 12.5 581

I don't understand this. I thought that Base/Step/Offset are the same across all sites. You show 480.5/12.5/380, but the database lists 470.0125/12.5/380. How can we have two different Base with the same offset?

swest90

The base/offset are not the same across all of the sites. Each site can be setup differently. You will see that sites 1,2 and 3 use the same offset. Pomona is the only site with two 'band plans' as uniden calls it since they use both their 470 freqs and the 482 freqs that culver city made an agreement to share.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
swest90 said:
The base/offset are not the same across all of the sites. Each site can be setup differently.
If each of these sites is using the same system id you cannot have them setup differently. There has to be a common setup; the radios don't allow independent site freq ranges in their programming.

-Wayne

b52hbuff

wayne_h said:
If each of these sites is using the same system id you cannot have them setup differently. There has to be a common setup; the radios don't allow independent site freq ranges in their programming.

-Wayne

Thanks for the expert information Wayne. I was really hoping you'd chime in here. I wasn't sure about what you were saying Wayne, but it did seem strange. Appreciate your clarification and validation. :)

swest90

Well why dont you enlighten us with the proper configuration then... I actually live where the system is and can tell you one configuration on all five sites (as listed on this site) will result in missed calls on the other sites. I have never used trunker on the burbank site to confirm the channel id's out there, maybe someone can post the channel hex numbers for that site and I can figure out the entire configuration. If you try what I listed it will work, and thats what matters to most of us here. The information listed here in the database needs adjusted.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
swest90 said:
Well why dont you enlighten us with the proper configuration then...
If I lived down there it's looks like I'd have to. Some of us appreciate correct info versus half-assed. Yes, it may work for you but there's one config that, regardless of what site you are on or what changes are made, will always be valid.

-Wayne

swest90

Guess I wont contribute any more information then.. Good job dude! Sorry for providing information that actually worked.

Just to clarify I am not against one configuration. I merely stated that whats listed on the ICIS page here will not work on all the sites, and gave the information that has worked for me and that was posted without rebuttal on the socalscan group and the other posts regarding icis here on the forums.. Sorry it itched your butt so much. I guess we should all stop and wait to listen to the system until we can find a configuration that suits you!

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
swest90 said:
Guess I wont contribute any more information then.. Good job dude! Sorry for providing information that actually worked.
All I did was attempt to correct you on how the subscriber side is setup and you freak out. Is it that difficult to accept that you could be wrong? Geez....

-W

iepoker

Wayne, there is a difference in making a correction, and being an 'Adam Henry', which you are pretty damned good at.

FWIW, you are DEAD WRONG on this, weather you work for ICIS or not.

Thank you, drive through.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
wayne_h said:
Where was I an a----le in that statement? Enlighten me please. Sites within the same zone cannot have two different base freqs for the first range. If they all announce the same sysid then that information is incorrect. Yes, it may work but you don't know how well or for how long. There may be freqs that haven't been used yet due to low loading that when they are put in use may invalidate that setup.

I'd prefer to put one thing in my scanner and not worry about it. Using that information you can and will eventually miss something. My point is for others to understand that that informtion is not set in stone.

If anyone else wants to argue with me do it in private. Any future posts will get cleaned.

-Wayne

glradio

Premium Subscriber
RE: ICIS Configuration

Since you must listen to an agency's home cell to be certain you'll hear them, I suggest you use one zone, group, or system per agency.

Last edited:

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
I C I S

On my Uniden BCD396T, I have all the control frequencies in one system ("ICIS") and and each agency is subdivided by groups (minus Culver City and Pomona). I seem to get all the traffic. However, I have no way to confirm I am not missing anything, either. I did this because the trial version of the ARC software I was using only allowed 30 systems to be uploaded to the scanner and I was already at the limit.

I have Culver City in a different system. Culver City seems to be somewhat isolated. However, I have not heard any traffic on the Culver City cell where I live in the San Fernando Valley (Encino area). Looking at the propogation maps, I don't think I could receive the trasmissions anyway. I am not sure if Culver City is transmitted from other cell sites. Being said, I have not yet heard Culver City on the ICIS. Maybe I set it up wrong.

As for Pomona, I haven't yet heard them, either (on the one TGID they have that is not encrypted).

Last edited:

b52hbuff

hotdjdave said:
On my Uniden BCD396T, I have all the control frequencies in one system ("ICIS") and and each agency is subdivided by groups (minus Culver City and Pomona). I seem to get all the traffic.

That's not the contentious/confusing part. The confusion is how do you have the 'band plan' set up? How many base and offset configurations?

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Band Plan, Base, Offset

b52hbuff said:
That's not the contentious/confusing part. The confusion is how do you have the 'band plan' set up? How many base and offset configurations?
I don't have any base or offset configurations. I just put in the control channels and it works. I never even saw a setting on my 396 for "band plan," "base," or "offset." Why are they even necessary?

swest90

You must have the trick version of the 396. Just to humor us, check through your menus and see what you have listed for the band plans.

Last edited:

JoeyC

hotdjdave said:
I don't have any base or offset configurations. I just put in the control channels and it works. I never even saw a setting on my 396 for "band plan," "base," or "offset." Why are they even necessary?

No scanner can do control channel only trunking on UHF. Thats why a base, offset and spacing configuration is required. If you only programmed the controls, you are definatley missing the system.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
CC Only Mode; Band Plan Settings

Then what is the C-Ch Only setting for?

As for the Band Plan settings:

For Band Plan 1, I have 470.0125
For Band Plan 2, I have 480.5000
For Band Plan 3, I haVE 0.000

I did not put these frequencies there.

I must admit, I am not sure for what purpose these settings are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.