Help with icom ic-2720h in Fort Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0USX

I recently acuired a icom ic-2720h for cheep. Well it turns out that there was a reason for that. The radio won't power on, I have checked contanuity and it checks out as best I can tell. If there is anyone who can help me out in northern Co.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ScannerSK

Some two-way radios have a small fuse inside them which might have burned out. If so, the battery may not power the radio while a power supply (plugged into the DC barrell plug on the radio) might power the radio just fine. Hard to so, I hope someone is able to help you out. If there is a service manual online it would be worth checking for a fuse in the schematic.

KE0USX

Some two-way radios have a small fuse inside them which might have burned out. If so, the battery may not power the radio while a power supply (plugged into the DC barrell plug on the radio) might power the radio just fine. Hard to so, I hope someone is able to help you out. If there is a service manual online it would be worth checking for a fuse in the schematic.
I checked the manual and didn't see anything. I am getting continuity from the positive lead to the regulators on the board. I also checked contanuity between the main unit and the head. I have used a different head unit as well with no luck.

KE0USX

Google search for "Icom ic-2720H service" should get you a copy of service manual (w/ schematic)

$.02
That's what I was referring to. I think I actually found the issue. It looks like the 2SK3075 transistor is burnt out. A quick call around and I can't find one locally but have a new one on order.

Status
Not open for further replies.