Help with identifying a Frequncy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescueman369

I Just got a BAOFENG UV-5R scanner and Live in Charlotte NC.
I am trying to connect to the Charlotte Fire Dispatch channel but I cant find the Exact Frequency...
this is what i found on RR...

Charlotte Fire Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
1027 403 D CFD ALARM Charlotte Fire Alarm Fire Dispatch

how do i turn this DEC (1027) into a frequency for my scanner...

PS I am able to connect to the Mecklenburg Fire and EMS Dispatch (VFDs and County First Responders) 156.165 but cant find the Charlotte Fire Dept Dispatch as it is a separate frequency....

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
That entry indicates that Charlotte FD operates on a digital trunked radio system which, unfortunately, your Baofeng radio cannot receive. You'll need a much more expensive digital scanner to follow those types of multi-frequency radio systems.

John

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Actually, I checked the listing for Charlotte FD and it appears as if you might still be able to monitor CFD dispatch on a conventional VHF channel if, in fact, they are still patching it to the 800 MHz trunked radio system. The frequency is 156.1650... Try it and see what you can hear.

John

rescueman369

Actually, I checked the listing for Charlotte FD and it appears as if you might still be able to monitor CFD dispatch on a conventional VHF channel if, in fact, they are still patching it to the 800 MHz trunked radio system. The frequency is 156.1650... Try it and see what you can hear.

John
156.16500 is VFD (Matthews, Robinson, Pineville, Idylewild, Caroliona, and Meck EMS)
Charlotte is another channel....

Status
Not open for further replies.