Help with identifying antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me with identifying this antenna, I bought it from Antenna Warehouse several years ago and forgot the name of the Antenna, I know it's a,
Scanner antenna beam
Is it 8 elements or 16,

Any help appreciated,
Steve

Last edited:

n5ims

Are you sure it's a scanner antenna? It looks like a standard VHF/UHF TV antenna. This is nearly confirmed by the U-Bolt assembly for mounting it with horizontal polarization. Scanner antennas are nearly always vertically polarized.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Looks like a TV antenna to me, too. It's got 4 elements for VHF low, 4 elements for VHF high, and I couldn't quite get an accurate count on the UHF elements. Just like a typical TV antenna, it's essentially 3 relatively low gain antennas on a single boom.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Antenna

Yes It's a Scanner Antenna I'm sure of that, you need the ubolt to secure it to the mast. I checked the Antenna Warehouse site and they don't show it any more.
Steve

prcguy

That's a "Scanner Beam" from Antenna Warehouse, its supposed too cover all public service bands from 30 to 800MHz plus civil and mil air. Its probably contracted to a TV antenna mfr by Antenna Warehouse for low production cost.
prcguy

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Antenna

That's a "Scanner Beam" from Antenna Warehouse, its supposed too cover all public service bands from 30 to 800MHz plus civil and mil air. Its probably contracted to a TV antenna mfr by Antenna Warehouse for low production cost.
prcguy

PrcGuy thanks for the info, can you tell me how many elements it is, I don't know if it's 4, 8, or 16 ???
Steve

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Did that antenna come with the feedpoint located where it is now, or did you move it there? Also, I never saw holes for a u-bolt assembly drilled that far forward on an antenna before, I also don't see any holes drilled along the entire antenna assembly for vertical mounting. I expanded my PC screen & used a magnifying glass to ascertain that the UHF section has 5 elements. Do you have a model number by any chance?

FLRAILMAN

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Scanner antenna

Did that antenna come with the feedpoint located where it is now, or did you move it there? Also, I never saw holes for a u-bolt assembly drilled that far forward on an antenna before, I also don't see any holes drilled along the entire antenna assembly for vertical mounting. I expanded my PC screen & used a magnifying glass to ascertain that the UHF section has 5 elements. Do you have a model number by any chance?

FLRAILMAN

The feedpoint is were it was when I bought the antenna
You can set up the antenna for vertical or horizontal
No I have no Model Number
Steve

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Scanner antenna

Steve, It took a lot of websurfing but I found your antenna, I know my questions probably sounded a little gruff to you, however I needed to get as much info from you before I started a search & well, it paid off, good luck & take care.

Military Comms Monitoring. HF VHF UHF

FLRAILMAN

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Antenna

Steve, It took a lot of websurfing but I found your antenna, I know my questions probably sounded a little gruff to you, however I needed to get as much info from you before I started a search & well, it paid off, good luck & take care.

Military Comms Monitoring. HF VHF UHF

FLRAILMAN

Hi FLRAILMAN,
I know my questions probably sounded a little gruff to you,

:pNot at all, I know how it is when you are trying to help someone you need to get as much information as you can so you can help. Thank you for all the searching you did, I tried to do the same thing before posting hear and came up empty. let me take a look at what you found.
Steve

This is the page I was looking for, it's the page I saw several years ago when I bought the antenna, I can't thank you enough, I wish I could buy you a nice cold beer.. I owe you one.
Steve

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Scanner Antenna

Not a problem Steve, just glad to help, that's what it's all about here, take care & have fun.

Harold

kb2vxa

Banned
As an ex TV man I have seen this antenna many times, sold and installed a few too. Pardon me if I don't understand all this confused speculation, it is a very common TV antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.