Help with listning to streams on other PDAs (not iPhone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ACU1000

I used to have a Palm OS device and they came with a streaming media player called Kimona. When I when to the web and browsed to a stream, the Kimona player would automaticaly open and play the stream.

I have recently switched to a Palm device running Windows Mobile 6.1 device and I would assume it would work the same way since it has Windows Media installed. But many of the links I used to listen to on the Palm OS dont appear to work on Windows Moble with Windows Media.

I am trying to listen to the following stream http://162.83.75.198:8000 and I am using a Palm 800w.

What am I doing wrong??? Any help would be appreciated.

bezking

Dead link...

Code:
$ ping 162.83.75.198
PING 162.83.75.198 (162.83.75.198): 56 data bytes
^C
--- 162.83.75.198 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

A

ACU1000

Thanks to all who replied.

I did post the incorrect link for the feed ;-) sorry.

conve36

I recently downloaded GSplayer on my desktop and installed it on my Dell PDA. Works amazing for listening to feeds and its a couple years old!

So I would recommend GSplayer for any PDA's.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been using GSplayer for over a year on my Windows Mobile devices.. Its by far the best way to go..
And best of all, its free!

A

ACU1000

I've been using GSplayer for over a year on my Windows Mobile devices.. Its by far the best way to go..
And best of all, its free!

I tried GSPlayer for a day or two but when exiting to application it kept causing my device to shut off all sound and the only way to get sound back was a reset.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.