Help with manually putting in frequencies in PSR 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuicksilverR8

Hi, I'm very new to this and searched here on how to enter frequencies manually but all I found is that you need a computer, I have a computer and the software but still have no clue. I read through the manual but found nothing about how to use the software to do this. Got this mainly for car rally's I do and figured I would get something good but starting to think I should return and get the 500 since I'm dumb. Thanks in advance for any help

mikey60

It's possible to input conventional frequencies in the PSR-800 from the keypad, but it's not the easiest process to complete. It involves using the limit search function.

The basic process is to enter into limit search mode, then set the frequency range to be very small, including the desired frequency as one of the limits. Put the scanner in search mode, and then when the correct frequency is displayed, press menu, and select the save channel option.

In the software, you would want to copy what's in the scanner to your computer (there's an option under the Scanner/SD Card menu to do that) and then add the frequencies. The frequencies can be added on the Scan Lists tab but clicking on the New Channel button, or on the Conventional tab (if it's enabled on the Advanced menu) by clicking the New button and entering the frequency and settings there.

Mike

QuicksilverR8

Thanks, starting to figure things out. I could not get software to interact with scanner at all, kept telling me no SD card. Finally figured out I need to turn scanner off

Status
Not open for further replies.