Help with MARSC IP settings on uniden 396 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillinOhio

I have MARCS IP systems for Montgomery Co, Warren Co, and Greene Co. Each one is setup with its own system. I am using freescan software. And the radio is the 396 XT. I have the TYPE and SITE TYPE SYSTEM setup as P25 standard ( digital xt ).

I am not hearing any traffic. Have I set the systems up correctly ?

Thanks all.

BillinOhio

Hmmm

Hmmm

No reply's as of yet. ok, here is what I am seeing so far...
Of the three MARCS IP systems that I have loaded The Montgomery Co. system is the only system of the 3 that I am hearing activity on. Seems odd to me because I live in Clearcreek Twp. I hear nothing as of yet on the Warren or Greene Co MARCS IP systems.

On the Montgomery Co. system I am hearing the ID's 20133 Beavercreek PD I think, 10519 Clark County Sheriff Tactical 3 I think, 10525 Clark County Fire dispatch I think.

These are not Montgomery Co. units on the Montgomery Co. MARCS IP system.

Maybe I have it programed incorrectly ? Any help or input would be appreciated...Thanks.

mdulrich

Premium Subscriber
I would set up one system labeled MARCS-IP (or whatever you want to call it) and then set up 3 different sites under that one system. That way all the talkgroups are shared across all sites instead of needing to duplicate the talkgroups into each system. That is the advantage of the XT scanners over the T.

I can't speak to what traffic you should be hearing on each site since I am too far away to receive those sites, but it will all be driven on who is using the system and what towers radio are affiliating with.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.