BC346XT: Help with Mass State Police programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

s-skerker

Good evening,

I have been programming Mass State Police into my BC346XT for years. Recently the scanner is locking up on the trunking frequencies and not releasing the banks. Also, when I program certain State Police troops such as Troop H, or Troop D of Mass State Police, I am now getting a bleed through of Cape Cod Fire dispatch which shares the same trunking system. This locking up on the banks that I'm assigning and the bleed through is relatively new.

I don't know how to resolve it. I am using the ArcXT software and import the frequencies from RadioReference

s-skerker

Hi and thank you for replying. No. The only talkgroups that I'm pulling in are for: H3, and and a couple of D - Troop groups. I'm listening now, and the Cape is bleeding through on Alpha Tag D-Ptl-1 which is talk group 33968.

I am set to Hold Time = 0;
P25 Wait time = 0;
Modulation = Auto;
Control Channel Only = Checked off (check mark)
Mot Bandplan = 800/900 Standard
Edacs Site Type: Wide(standard)

Is there any other info I can provide?

Thanks,

bgav

Premium Subscriber
Ok, not sure if it's a congestion issue when the system is busy.. Maybe someone with a 346 on the Cape will chime in...

Ubbe

This is a standard SmartZone system and if the channels are busy one talk group will immediatly be followed by another one on the voice channel. The system sends out and end-tone that makes the radios go to the control channel when a TG call ends, but if you do not have end-tone enabled in your scanner it will stay on the voice channel and monitor the next talk group that gets active on that frequency.

Solution: Activate End Code in the Sys Option for that system.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.