Help with military trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I want to add the SD area UHM trunking systems to my 996's. I am not really sure how to do this with FreeScan. The last time I did a UHF trunking system was the ICIS in Los Angeles back in 2002 on a 780XLT!

Just want to add 32nd St, North Island, Pendleton etc, for those rare instances when there might be an active shooter, or helicopter crash.

Thanks!

sandiegosand

If you are looking for unit/software specific info I can't help you there, look in the database under military San Diego County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and click the trunked system. Tell the software or scanner that you want to add a trunked system. Then program all control channels for San Diego, you also have to program that it is a project 25.

On my RadioShack scanner I have a talk group set to wildcard and usually just listen to that as there is not a ton of traffic on the system.

Hope this helps!

JoeyC

There is nothing special required to load the US DOD system into a 996 with FreeScan, just make sure you select P25 Standard as the trunking system type.

Attached is what I use. (change the .zip to .996 to use. It is not a zip file)

Attachments

• DOD.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 27

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Loaded it up and it's working! I guess Astro25 systems don't need to be programmed with those base and offset things I remembered from the past. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.