• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with motorola system saber 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman_90302

I'm a newbie. I tried to change the band split on a Motorola system saber 3 in RSS 3.0 after changing the band split the radio started acting funny it wont let me read it to change it back i can not get back into the radio. i'm thinking that i need a codeplug, because i for got to save the codeplug before anything. here is the specs Model# HH99QX + 080H FACTORY ID: H44TUK5170CN SERIAL# 500ARG0511 My email is: the-analyst@att.net

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I have to ask... what did you hope to accomplish by changing the band split?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Just create a new codeplug from scratch. You can do that with the Sabers/Systems Sabers.

gman_90302

The band split was to low

I have to ask... what did you hope to accomplish by changing the band split?

The band split was to low, but the radio had a range of 403-512, but i think it was set at 440-470, and i needed a freq of 482.xxx. But when i read the radio in rss i saw a feature not where i saw it, but i think it was under Radio Model where it had a drop down menu where i could change the band split to a S something like 450-512 not sure. So me being new at this i change it and after that i could no longer read the radio.

I am very new at this so i have to learn like everyone and make a few mistakes. So please be genial with me, I'm learning

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The band split was to low, but the radio had a range of 403-512, but i think it was set at 440-470, and i needed a freq of 482.xxx. But when i read the radio in rss i saw a feature not where i saw it, but i think it was under Radio Model where it had a drop down menu where i could change the band split to a S something like 450-512 not sure. So me being new at this i change it and after that i could no longer read the radio.

I am very new at this so i have to learn like everyone and make a few mistakes. So please be genial with me, I'm learning

When you change the bandsplit, you also have to change out several modules. The Saber line of radios will not cover 403-512 in a single radio.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
It should be very simple to create a new codeplug from scratch just by following the menus in RSS.

Although this page doesn't tell you how to do it step-by-step, there is a lot of good info.

Motorola Saber Information Page

The Saber & Systems Saber are very hard to mess up. They can be recovered very easily. Good luck!

gman_90302

codeplug

It should be very simple to create a new codeplug from scratch just by following the menus in RSS.

Although this page doesn't tell you how to do it step-by-step, there is a lot of good info.

Motorola Saber Information Page

The Saber & Systems Saber are very hard to mess up. They can be recovered very easily. Good luck!

ok i have created a new codeplug, but when i try to write the radio it say Serial bus comm error

W8RW

Even if you get the radio "fixed", it probably will not work on 482 MHz. You might as well start shopping for one in the proper bandsplit.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Even if you get the radio "fixed", it probably will not work on 482 MHz. You might as well start shopping for one in the proper bandsplit.

Exactly! I should have pointed out that you'll have to put the radio back to which band-split that it was originally. You can't just make a codeplug that matches what you want. The hardware has to support what you're telling the software to do.

gman_90302

Saber 3

Exactly! I should have pointed out that you'll have to put the radio back to which band-split that it was originally. You can't just make a codeplug that matches what you want. The hardware has to support what you're telling the software to do.

ok i got back in the radio by swapping the board from a saber 1 created a new codeplug put 1 freq (pers) programed it back to the radio, but now i cant hear anything I put the right freq and pl tone but no audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.