Help with my Pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmu79

I am attempting to program Springfield Police Ohio, Clark County into my trunking scanne. I have designated the EDACS bank in this case bank 0. I'm not sure where or how to enter the control channels, if there is a specific order, or how to get the scanner to scan the trunk banks. If someone could provide a step by step that would be great.

SCPD

QRT
ener them as shown in the database. Must be enetered starting in x001 of the bank in LCN order. Both channel & bank mode must be set as EDACS

DonS

Presuming bank 0...

Press PGM to enter program mode. Move to channel 001 by pressing 0 0 1 PGM (then "down-arrow" after entering each frequency below to move to the next).
Channel/frequency:
001 866.10000
002 866.88750
003 867.38750
004 867.91250
005 868.46250
006 866.71250
007 867.67500
On each of the above channels, press MODE until ED shows next to the channel number (e.g. top left of LCD will show "P001ED", "P002ED", etc.)
Press TRUNK. Press MODE until LCD displays "EDACS". At this point, you can also enter Talkgroup IDs, if desired (you'll have to update the firmware to version 1.02 first, to enter EDACS IDs in AFS format - see the RadioShack web site for new firmware).

Press PGM to leave the "trunking setup" mode.

To toggle between "Open" mode (in which it will receive all talkgroups on the system, except any you have entered and locked out) and "Closed" mode (in which it will only receive talkgroups you've programmed), press FUNC . (the decimal key).

Press SCAN. If the LCD shows "All channels locked out", press 0 to enable bank 0.

robmu79

Thanks DON

I'm not sure how to check firmware and I don't have a programming cable yet but it gives me the option already to use AFS format if that means I have the right firmware I'm not sure I just bought the scanner

DonS

robmu79 said:
I'm not sure how to check firmware and I don't have a programming cable yet but it gives me the option already to use AFS format if that means I have the right firmware I'm not sure I just bought the scanner
To check the firmware version, turn the scanner OFF then back ON. While the "welcome message" is displayed, press the 3 key. It will display the CPU firmware version.

robmu79

Thanks Don

It is now scanning I haven't heard anything yet however someone told me no scanner anywhere can get Springfield city cause they have pro voice but I guess we will see thank you so much for your help

DonS

robmu79 said:
It is now scanning I haven't heard anything yet however someone told me no scanner anywhere can get Springfield city cause they have pro voice but I guess we will see thank you so much for your help
Most of the Police and Fire talkgroups are digital, according to the RR DB. That would indicate ProVoice, which no scanner will decode.

Status
Not open for further replies.