Help with my RS Pro-92

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT

Hey all,,

Im new to the scanning thing, so please bare with me. Yes it is a "b" version or model of the Pro-92.

I had this thing working well a few years ago, i didnt know much then either. The radio is basically brand new in the box. I used it for a while and i was able to pick up local police, fire, rescue, air-traffic, etc. I packed it up and havnt used it a few years. Nothing is broken or missing.

I have been trying to program Hammond Indiana police etc. with no luck. I have checked the local listings and links here on this site, and i have check the frequencies here and other sites also. I have seen this allready, http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=737

So , here in lies my question, obviously i must be doing something wrong.

Here are the details for what i am searching and what my settings are.

I have a scan / search set for this. 866.0000 to 868.9875, , the mode is set on "MO"

So the top line of the scanner is like this. SR-6 (backward z) .. D (up arrow).MO
i take that to mean search 6th bank, D for delay.. and searching up thru the freq in Motorola.. I have turned on the "A"=attenuated and i have tried both with the A on and off.
I have not tried with the Delay off..
(i have tried all the modes also and none seem to work)

Second line, reads what ever frequency i stop on exsample= 898.1250 MHz

Third line reads= 12.5 kHz (i have tried other "step") altho i am sure 12.5 is right..

4th line reads = MOT then random numbers.

Like i mentioned i have tried all the modes and i have tried 3 different anttenas, I am within the city limits, and i know this town is a hot spot for morons and truoble makers, so i know there is heavy traffic...

ANY HELP?

SCPD

QRT
Create a bank in MO mode and make sure that after each frequencies is entered it is set in MO mode too. Tune to the Control channel to see active talk groups and if you see them then scan. Don't use search mode to monitor a trunked system

HTH,

PS. If you have a programming cable starrsoft.com offers free programming software for windows, also there is tk92 by Bob parness for other operating systems.

Keith

CT

yea that was spanish,,, lol.. can you talk down to me ,, im 35 but a radio noob... thanks

n3ncn

oooooooooooooo

Don't program in the 0's ie: 000, 100 ,200 etc.........Start your programing in the one's for you trunk systems. 001, 101, 201 etc

Last edited:

CT

can some one break it down for me.. the settings in the scan mode are "locked out",, so i have to use the scan mode to search?

CT

YEA they are un locked and no luck,,,

Unlocked, and no luck,, ill keep trying to raise something,, i havnt been able to hear any transmissions from anything,,, the WX is not working either,,, No weather ? weaird huh?

CT

check , check, and nothing,, i am a truck driver, and am expirence with the squelch settings..

n3ncn

I'm at a loss. I am researching some things with mine, if I come up with anything I'll let you know.
I have one more guess remember start on the 01 channel and make sure MO is on every frequeuncy you put in.( Although you are not programing the 000 or100 you must set it in the MO mode then lock it out) Hope that makes sense

Last edited:

CT

thanks ill read that tonight and see if that dont help... I have never uploded any extra stuff like w92 to the scanner, and it worked like that previously. (2 yrs ago). But the weird thing is i cant raise any signal at all, not even WX. i dont even get the tv, or the cordless phone traffic,, nothing, on any one the frequencies.. Even the non-trunked,,,, i tried 3 differant attenas but nothing,. i trired all trunked, and all MO, and all modes and combinations.. let me read that link u gave me and ill be back... thanks

n3ncn

fmon said:
Why do this mark? The system is motorola, so channel 00 can be used. Channel 01 must be used for EDACS system.

Because I was thinking to fast. Too used to only programing EDACS when I was in MD. Starting to sound like the radio went bad from what's in his last post. What do you think? :)

CT

Went bad? The radio is practically brand new out of the box... I am going to try another antenna and see if thats the deal. I should be atleast raising the WX weather if anything at all. Right?

mcema699

It should pick up one of the wx channels when you press wx and let it search. Try it outdoors to be sure.
However, I have a 92B that developed a similar problem and is mentioned on the PRO92 Yahoo group. Very few units have been reported with this problem and knowing its hard to duplicate, I have been reluctant to send it for repair. (I bought a 97)
Anyway, mine acts like its a tube type radio, it has to warm up. Even scanning weather, the scanner will not recieve for several minutes. It will then start receiving on its own. There is nothing I can do to make it receive, no shorts, antenna connector is soldered well to the pc board etc. I can verify it because I have two way radios and even transmitting beside the scanner has no effect until the scanner has been on a few minutes.
Also similar to yours, mine seems to have lost sensitivity or its off frequency in the 800 band. It still will receive 800 after those first few intitial minutes pass by but sounds garbled on that band
I realize this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it is what happened to mine.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
mcema699 said:
Also similar to yours, mine seems to have lost sensitivity or its off frequency in the 800 band. It still will receive 800 after those first few intitial minutes pass by but sounds garbled on that band
I've repaired a couple which had 800 problems. Trimmer TC 101 required adjustment in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.