Help with my streaming please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill11312

Hello all, here is my delema...i was using my bc346xt to start streaming but the only thing i hear is my family talking from inside the house. i am using the same cable that came with the scanner to program it. I could use my bc785d or 890xlt. Is there anyone that can tell me what i'm doing wrong? i was only using the cable supplied with the bc346, no phono jacks or any other type of cable, plus none of my channels are "Rec On". but i thought that was for the 996xt only.
Thanks, Bill

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, here is my delema...i was using my bc346xt to start streaming but the only thing i hear is my family talking from inside the house. i am using the same cable that came with the scanner to program it. I could use my bc785d or 890xlt. Is there anyone that can tell me what i'm doing wrong? i was only using the cable supplied with the bc346, no phono jacks or any other type of cable, plus none of my channels are "Rec On". but i thought that was for the 996xt only.
Thanks, Bill

You need to run a line in (minijack aka 3.5mm stereo) cable from the headphone or ext speaker jack on the scanner into your pc's line in port (it's light blue colored). If you don't have the light blue connection or one labeled line in, you can use the microphone (pink colored) plug. Whatever program you're using is just defaulting to a microphone on your pc.

The programming cable is just to exchange data, it won't send audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.