Help with new BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
so i am using the new sentinel program to set up my scanner, i just found out how the confusing quick keys work now, wish it was just like the BCD396XT. i am having a problem on scanning some of my conventional channels. for example for some reason i can only scan my "PRI CHANNELS" that i set for LASD not everything else, i have reset my avoids, so nothing is locked out but it still wont scan! please help me out getting really frustrated

SCPD

QRT
Have you service Types enabled ? Plus have you any Systems named Custom 1 and so on make sure you enable that too. I was almost pulling my hair out Yesterday because it would not scan my close call finds from my other Scanner i had put in. Till I checked the Custom box.
Also make sure you turn on download and Monitor, then you can turn on and of your Quick keys.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Have you service Types enabled ? Plus have you any Systems named Custom 1 and so on make sure you enable that too. I was almost pulling my hair out Yesterday because it would not scan my close call finds from my other Scanner i had put in. Till I checked the Custom box.
Also make sure you turn on download and Monitor, then you can turn on and of your Quick keys.

yes i was pulling my hair out yesterday for 5 hours when i first got this to understand it. and unfortuantly i did all this make sure the service types are enabled and download and monitor are on as well..... :(

tkenny53

What I have done, is have a QK for each favorite. Then I have a QK for each system, thats it, dont QK each freq or you will get lost. so to change systems it is 1.2, 1.13, 1.51 and so on, example, on FAV 1, and systems 2, 13 , and 51. and yes I have close to 70 systems in Fav #1. Each of my systems have a few freq's only, like LACO blue, LACO air, LACO tach, LACO uhf. Yes the x96 were easier with direct entry of system, but not much different here, I do wish the buttons were bigger and placed like the 396. Currently I use the ARC beta to set my scanner up, then Sentinal to mark the systems QK's. Much faster that way,

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
What I have done, is have a QK for each favorite. Then I have a QK for each system, thats it, dont QK each freq or you will get lost. so to change systems it is 1.2, 1.13, 1.51 and so on, example, on FAV 1, and systems 2, 13 , and 51. and yes I have close to 70 systems in Fav #1. Each of my systems have a few freq's only, like LACO blue, LACO air, LACO tach, LACO uhf. Yes the x96 were easier with direct entry of system, but not much different here, I do wish the buttons were bigger and placed like the 396. Currently I use the ARC beta to set my scanner up, then Sentinal to mark the systems QK's. Much faster that way,

ya i do that to for almost every channel quick keys etc. but it still wont scan that area and i cannot figure it out.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue...for days now.

Page 53 of the 436 manual explains it, but I am wondering if there may be a misprint on that page.

I have 3 systems with a quick key, #2, 5, and 9

When I uploaded all this to my scanner, systems #2 and 5 came on okay and are scanning.

System 9 I cannot get to work, even going exactly by page 53.

All my favorites lists, systems, departments, and channels have the same quick key number. It works for system 2 and system 5, but I just cannot get system 9 to turn on. The F key is on, but it is the "S" key I cannot get to work.

Any suggestions please? Thanks

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I finally found the issue. FINALLY. It was something I read here a while ago this morning. The issue: I could not turn on System #9 because, in the scanner software itself, the "SERVICE TYPE" key was set to off for what I needed to scan.

I turned it to ON, and now can scan quick key #9.

Does it have to be this hard?

Greg

PS: It was SFDF above who gave me the answer. THANKS !

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue...for days now.

Page 53 of the 436 manual explains it, but I am wondering if there may be a misprint on that page.

I have 3 systems with a quick key, #2, 5, and 9

When I uploaded all this to my scanner, systems #2 and 5 came on okay and are scanning.

System 9 I cannot get to work, even going exactly by page 53.

All my favorites lists, systems, departments, and channels have the same quick key number. It works for system 2 and system 5, but I just cannot get system 9 to turn on. The F key is on, but it is the "S" key I cannot get to work.

Any suggestions please? Thanks

Greg

The latest manual from Uniden (URL listed below) has page 53 formatted differently than the manual that comes with the radio.

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

However, page 53 in this latest manual PDF, the boxes are all empty or blank on my computer for some reason. The pages before and after have their boxes populated with info just page 53 has the empty boxes.

I thought it might be of some help to people having trouble with Quick Keys but not with empty boxes.

Fortunately, I can use my Quick Keys just fine at least for now.

Anyone else have this same problem with this PDF?

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
I FOUND IT!!!! for some reason you have to have the location control on it would not monitor some frequencies. i dont know why... maybe a fix of this in the future? thanks for everyones help!!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Isn't it great when the light pops on in your head !!

SIGNAL 500...many thanks to you also. You were a big help.

STEVE..thanks also. You did a lot of work for me and I appreciate it. !!

Status
Not open for further replies.