Help with new subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsthebest

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a premium subscription and was supposed to get an email with further instructions on how to download software. I just got a new Whistler 1040 handheld police scanner and would like help in downloading information. Could someone please advise on what to do now. Thanks.

Reconrider

Honestly, reading the manual is a good idea. Or watcha. Few videos, it’s pretty straight forward after you learn it. Not much of a learning curve either.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You most likely will not get an email to help you with this. But we do have lots of help in our wiki, and you can start here....

There are 3 packages that support this scanner - WIN500, ARC500 and PSREdit500. The author of WIN500 - who, incidentally, is the author of the firmware that runs your scanner - has seemingly disappeared and hasn't been heard from in nearly a year. There is no free software for these scanners, but all 3 have a 30 day trial period. There is a user guide for ARC500 and the Easier to Read guide both linked in the wiki above

The 1040 is a GRE PSR-500 in another box; so anything written for the 500 will work for your scanner. Mike

rsthebest

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all of you for the info, it's much appreciated. I have tried reading the manual but in all honesty haven't made much progress. I will definitely follow each of your advice above. Thanks again.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.