Help with not skipping over known channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman82

TampaScan
Hi,

Recently picked up the SDS200 and have a bunch of favorites lists put in there. It picks up nearly every channel on its own, however some channels I have to tune to manually to get them to receive on those channels. On my old GRE PSR800 it is able to pick up the channel on its own.
I'm near Tampa, FL.

Example:
-County Sheriff District 1 Dispatch (EDACS system) picks up normally
-After the call, they sometimes switch to the Info channel
-The SDS200 will skip right over this channel even when it is broadcasting, but my PSR800 will stop on it.
-I tried a channel hold and dialed over to it (it's the very next channel) and after a second or so it starts picking up the broadcast.

The Info channel is not encrypted, it's the same as the Dispatch channel.
Even more confusing is that I made a list of just Info and Tac channels and when it is set to only scan that list, I get the "nothing to scan" message even though I can channel hold and dial to the info channels and receive a broadcast.

The scanner was programmed with sentinel, and after getting it to receive on the info channel it also logged that channel into proscan.

It also has this same problem with some EMS/Fire-ALS channels. Skips right over those, but picks it up when manually set on that channel and the PSR800 stops on those no problem. None of the channels are set to avoid on the SDS200.

What can I do to make it scan those channels? Is there a special feature in the menu I need to set?

I know the Tac channels won't pick up because they're encrypted but I'm perplexed as to why it won't pick up the Info channels.
Now that I think about it, I don't think it picks up any of the 'law talk' channels. The ALS are listed as 'fire-talk'... does the SDS200 have a problem with 'talk' channels?
Here's the channel list for the Sheriff and the ALS channel mentioned:

27502-023AHCSO D1 InfoDistrict 1 - InformationLaw Talk
27802-026AHCSO D2 InfoDistrict 2 - InformationLaw Talk
28102-031AHCSO D3 InfoDistrict 3 - InformationLaw Talk
28402-034AHCSO D4 InfoDistrict 4 - InformationLaw Talk
41803-042AHCSO D5 InfoDistrict 5 - InformationLaw Talk

62504-141AHCFR EMS-HspEMS to HospitalFire-Talk
64105-001AHCFR ALS-HspFire/ALS to HospitalFire-Talk

Thanks in advance (and I'll thank again of course) for any help. This scanner is freaking awesome with the LAN connection and I know I'm scratching the surface with it! It's been a blast to listen to so far, as I haven't gotten to listen to Tampa PD since they changed to ProVoice and the PSR800 no longer picked it up.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you have not enabled law talk in your profile.
Edit / edit profile / service types. Check everything you MAY want to scan. (Law Dispatch / Law Talk / Law Tac / I'd check interop also

andyman82

TampaScan
It sounds like you have not enabled law talk in your profile.
Edit / edit profile / service types. Check everything you MAY want to scan.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks for the fast response. helped me find that in the manual:

SELECTING SERVICE TYPES By default only EMS Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, Law Dispatch, Custom 1, and Multi-Dispatch are enabled. The Appendix has a list of Service Types and their general descriptions. To change the enabled/ disabled service types: 1. Press PUSH/FUNC then the ZIP/SERVICES button. 2. Scroll to each Service Type and press E/YES/Q.SRCH to enable or disable. Press SYSTEM to exit.

I wouldn't have put the two together as fast. thanks again, will do this tonight!

djeplett

Also check to make sure if you have location control turned on for your scanlist that those talkgroup locations are actually in the range you have set.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks for the fast response. helped me find that in the manual:

SELECTING SERVICE TYPES By default only EMS Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, Law Dispatch, Custom 1, and Multi-Dispatch are enabled. The Appendix has a list of Service Types and their general descriptions. To change the enabled/ disabled service types: 1. Press PUSH/FUNC then the ZIP/SERVICES button. 2. Scroll to each Service Type and press E/YES/Q.SRCH to enable or disable. Press SYSTEM to exit.

I wouldn't have put the two together as fast. thanks again, will do this tonight!

Do it in Sentinel - MUCH easier to both see what you have enabled - and to enable/disable...
(Edit / edit profile / service types )

andyman82

TampaScan
Yep, much easier with a mouse. I had went and done it not long after the initial response, through the web interface provided through proscan from my phone's web browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.