Help with Pre-Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitcockm

So....I ordered a pre-amp from ScannerWorld and received the LNA-VHF-B Low Noise Amplifier for 137-174 MHz. On the output side of the little unit there is a place for +12 V. How do I make this thing work? I didn't see the "some assembly required"...

Thanks for your help.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I was unable to locate the amplifier you're referring to at Scanner World's website. However, what you have to do is get a 12v power supply, as it apparently does not come with one. That would entail taking your amp to Radio Shack and finding the correct adapta-plug to fit it and buy a 12v wallwart p/s so you can power the amp up (be sure to observe correct polarity). It has to have power applied to it for the amplification circuitry to work. I would have thought the ad for it would have said it required 12v for it to operate. Nonetheless that is what you will have to do. If you are really lucky, you might already have a 12v wallwart lying around that would just happen to have the correct polarity and plug to fit the amp's receptacle. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.