Help with Pro 106 - much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackster21

Got a Pro 106 for Christmas. I have no problem modifying frequencies and saving them in V-folders. However, when it comes to creating and saving conventional channels I have a problem. So I'm trying to put in frequencies for Dallas. Conventional system. I went to a new V-folder to "practice" and had no luck. I tried to totally delete an area of a V-folder that I know I'll never visit. So then, I go to "PGM" and then I tap "NEW" and select "CONV". I selected the scan list that I had deleted (scan list #12 from the Michigan/Illinois V-folder). So I selected scan list 12. I entered the appropriate frequency, Tagged it as "Dallas" then I selected CTCSS and then I entered the appropriate CTCSS PL tone. Then I selected save, and backed out while saving. I selected "12" by hitting the "FUNC" key and then 2. Then "Scan". I only have bank 12 selected and it says "nothing enabled". Well, when I looked, it was empty! When I then selected "PGM", at the top left corner it flashed between "ns" and "PGM" then a dash, and then the number 1265, then "CONV" then "p1D". The second line has "au" and then the frequency I entered. What did I do wrong?

I'm not using any software.

This is so confusing. Please help.

Thank you,
J.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
For starters programming the new 106 would be a lot better for you if if buy the RS USB programming cable and try one of the softwares like win500 for 30 days free also you can buy a prem membership here and download stright from the database here to the scanner. That way you are downloading a known working setup that is used and updated by us the users of this site.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 106 and V Scan

To put data in a V scan folder, it must first be programmed into the regular scanlist. You can then save it to a V scan folder, and it will overwrite the contents of the folder. As suggested, software is the best way to get this done for the scan list. I have been using the ARC500 with my Pro 106 since the software was introduced and it has saved hours of key pushing. Most of the data in the original V scan folders is outdated anyway, so overwriting is not a big issue.

Jackster21

Is the regular scanlist different from the scanlists (banks) in the V-folders? I thought I had to load a V-folder and then modify the scan lists (banks) in the V-folder by putting in appropriate frequencies for my location.

Which USB cable do I need if I get software?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
No its not different, "jaspence" did not state that correctly, VFolders are the same as the original folder which used to be called the "Work Pad" in the old PRO96....I think you forgot to put the "*" astrisk in designating the SList you saved it in so it put it in the "NS"=no-scan list....You can program objects in VF "00" which is like the Wpad and then send that to any folder....When you create a freqy the way you did is OK but before pressing "save" make sure the "*" is up in the corner , that is the designator of what SL its in.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Jackster21, FORGOT: After you put in the freqy and tone etc scroll back to the top of the "menu", the first line you press "SEL" to put in the "*"....

Jackster21

RoninJoliet....Thank you. The * ....that was it! What is the "no scan" list used for?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You can load freqys that are very busy say and hang up the scanner when there in the SLists...I have a small local airport here that gives flight info and WX every 30 seconds so i put that in "NS"....

Status
Not open for further replies.