Help with Pro-164 and Sac re-banding

Status
Not open for further replies.

magjeff98

Premium Subscriber
I need help with my Pro 164 and the rebanding in Sac county.

I have had my scanner about a year now and have figured out how to program using Win97 and downloading from RR. Everything was working well with the trunked systems for Roseville and Sac County them I downloaded the re-banded freq’s and installed using the Re-Banded extended table. I hear traffic occasionally but not much and now Roseville isn’t working either.
I have made sure I have the latest firmware and checked every option I can think of. I’m beginning to think I have a scanner problem because when I upload my old (pre re-band) file Roseville is not working well. I have downloaded ARC300 and tried that to see if it was a software issue and had no change.

I’m planning to attend the meet-up next Saturday but I’m a Metro Fireman that is at the top of our mandatory OT list so I might be out of luck if I’m called.

If anyone is willing to share a file for Win97 or ARC300 that I could try I would appreciate it. If anyone has any other ideas I’m open to any help I can get.

Thanks,
Jeff
916-765-5678

AG7RF

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.2; en-us; VTAB1008 Build/GRH78C) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have the same scanner, and used win97to program it. I get a steady stream of traffic on the fire side but wonder about what seems to be spotty on the Sheriff side. I downloaded the file from the data base, but wonder if I am missing something.

As far as Roseville I think Placer County went (all?) Digital and this is not a digital rcvr. They had one if I remember correctly dispatch chnl simulcast non dig.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone saturday

Rick

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164 / PSR-300 & Sacramento

I need help with my Pro 164 and the rebanding in Sac county.
I have all the GRE scanners, including the PSR-300 which is the same radio as the '164.

I have had my scanner about a year now and have figured out how to program using Win97 and downloading from RR. Everything was working well with the trunked systems for Roseville and Sac County them I downloaded the re-banded freq’s and installed using the Re-Banded extended table. I hear traffic occasionally but not much and now Roseville isn’t working either.
The key is definitely selecting the extended table and selecting "rebanded MOT 800" in EACH of the banks where you have the trunked system programmed for Sacramento or Roseville. Of course I am assuming you have the correct cc frequencies, all set to MOT, the banks set to MOT, ....

I have made sure I have the latest firmware and checked every option I can think of. I’m beginning to think I have a scanner problem because when I upload my old (pre re-band) file Roseville is not working well.
What I would do is program in the VOICE frequencies and set them to FM. Scan just those frequencies. Do you pick up lots of traffic? If not, I'd suspect a problem in the 800 MHz receiver portion of the radio. If so, then it must be related to how the trunking is programmed.

I’m planning to attend the meet-up next Saturday but I’m a Metro Fireman that is at the top of our mandatory OT list so I might be out of luck if I’m called.
I plan to be there too and can help figure it out. I'll have WIN97 on a laptop and some of my scanners.

Regarding fires Saturday; weather looks to be quite cold and perhaps even with rain. I know that doesn't mean no calls, but it's not like a red flag day.

magjeff98

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your replies.

I do have the banks and the freq set to MOT and the extended table set to re-banded. I’m beginning to think this is a hardware issue. When I load the Roseville bank from a saved Win97 file that has worked in the past it is very spotty.

I do not understand the FM setting that you refer to. If you can explain how or what I need to do to accomplish this I would appreciate it. If it’s too long to write out I am planning to attend the meeting on Saturday.

When I referred to having a mandatory at work on Saturday it’s because we are short on staff to fill the regular shifts not because of a higher fire danger. If we don’t start getting some rain we might start having strike team deployments in January (that would suck)
Thanks, Jeff

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
MOT trunking

The FM setting I spoke of is a good amount of programming since most people don't program the voice frequencies. I can go over it Saturday.

One other thought came to mind since sending my earlier email. Go to MAN mode and navigate the scanner (use UP DOWN # keys) to the active control channel. With the scanner parked there you will hear the awful sound of the control channel, turn the sound down if you wish. The display on the scanner will show a % value. It represents how well the scanner is able to decode channel information from that awful sound.

My general rule of thumb is that the % should be 50% or higher. I like to see 80% and higher when stationary. If the number is below 25%, it shows a problem with your reception. Could be damaged antenna, attenuator on, things like that. That number needs to be decent to get good reception and not miss stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.