Help with PRO-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephsa

Hello there. I am new to the scanning community and i recently purchased a PRO-164. I am unable to properly trunk it to my local PD(Santa Clara, CA). I also tried the USB downloadable program also to no avail. I am hoping that someone out there familiar with these particular scanner can assist me in getting properly set up. A step by step would be highly appreciated. I would much rather manually set it up. Once again Thank you.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com!!!

Hello there. I am new to the scanning community and i recently purchased a PRO-164. I am unable to properly trunk it to my local PD(Santa Clara, CA).
Santa Clara uses this system here. It is a rebanded MOT 800 type system. What that means is you need to tell the scanner you are monitoring a rebanded system. Last I knew, that can only be done with software, and not from the front panel of the scanner.

I also tried the USB downloadable program also to no avail.
Hmmmm ... I wonder what cable you have that connects your scanner to the computer. And I wonder if the "program" you are speaking of is nothing more than the software to make the cable function. Here is a page in our Wiki that shows you all the programs available for programming that scanner. If you're not using one of them, you'll need one. I am personally using WIN97.

I am hoping that someone out there familiar with these particular scanner can assist me in getting properly set up. A step by step would be highly appreciated. I would much rather manually set it up.
A step by step is impractical for that system and not possible because of rebanding anyway. However, once you have a cable and software it is possible someone could send you a file. Another option would be to use the "import" function of many programs to electronically transfer the programming information from RadioReference directly into the software, and then you can send it to the scanner. You'll need to be a paid member here to have that option available.

Otherwise your best bet is to post a help message in the California forum for your area (Bay area). Good luck.

josephsa

Thanks you for the quick response. So it appears that i will need software in order to fully complete my trunking request. The cable that i was referring to is the one also sold at Radioshack that comes with the 7 day free trial of ARC300 but once i tried to input, i was informed the username and password were incorrect. So that was useless for me. I will try and download WIN97 and see if i can somehow get it to work. Most likely you will here from me again in the process of trying to get on deck with my scanner. Thanks agaqin

Status
Not open for further replies.