Help with PRO 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioRon

I have received an old PRO2096 with the stock antenna that I have so far been unable to successfully program for MPCSC. I am using ARC96 and have downloaded frequencies from just the local tower and talkgroups for the Conference of Eastern Wayne. The scanner is scanning and is stopping and displaying a voice channel, but all I hear is what sounds like the control channel. I have loaded multi tables and have tried annenuator both on and off. I am about 1.5 miles from the CEW tower in Grosse Pointe Farms. I'm guessing there is one more thing I need to try, just don't know what it is. Anyone with an idea …..?

kasparek

Premium Subscriber
I have received an old PRO2096 with the stock antenna that I have so far been unable to successfully program for MPCSC. I am using ARC96 and have downloaded frequencies from just the local tower and talkgroups for the Conference of Eastern Wayne. The scanner is scanning and is stopping and displaying a voice channel, but all I hear is what sounds like the control channel. I have loaded multi tables and have tried annenuator both on and off. I am about 1.5 miles from the CEW tower in Grosse Pointe Farms. I'm guessing there is one more thing I need to try, just don't know what it is. Anyone with an idea …..?

The "96's"have to have the control frequencies set to "MO" and also the scanning banks set to motorola also, Hope this helps.

RadioRon

All frequencies are set to MOT and the Bank Type is set to Motorola in ARC96.

I did try to set it up manually per the Programgramming Shortcut - not change.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The CEW site has two 700MHz frequencies which the 2096 cannot trunk track. I don't guarantee what kind of sensitivity you will get on those frequencies. You should be able to leave the 3600 and 9600 bandplans set to Normal since it is a P25 system. I had a Pro-96 which would not work on a P25 system until I adjusted VR4. I had someone else tell me that the equivalent adjustment in the 2096 is VR1-3. His scanner did not work on a P25 system until he made that adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.